Conflict resolving for Pros ;) (1 Viewer)

fdutch

July 15, 2005
Okay, this is gonna be a quite long post, but I told in the title it's for Pros....

I've finaly got some time again to test around with TVE3 (16/03 1:00 version) and also in the maintime I extended my setup a bit.

Current situation...

General config:

- TVE3 dedicated server with 2x Fire/Floppy DTV DVB-S and 1x Twinhan DVB-S
- 2x Aston dual CAM in Fire/Floppy DTVs and 1x Mediaguard Cam in Twinhan
- 2 different sat subscriptions (Cards): TV-Vlaanderen and Canal Digitaal

Since there are lots of channels for both subscriptions, and also several overlapping channels, I do make a small sample here with only a few (fictious) channels per card to make things not to extended. Also I use short codes for naming to make things easier to compare:

Card1:
FireDTV box 1 with Aston Dual CAM configged with CAM limit 2 and fitted with Canaal digital smartcard, able to do several channels explained below

Card2:
FireDTV box 1 with Aston Dual CAM configged with CAM limit 2 and fitted with TV Vlaanderen smartcard, able to do several channels explained below

Card3:
Twinhan card with Mediaguard CAM configged with CAM limit 1 and fitted with Limitted (other subscription) Canal Digitaal smartcard, able to do several channels explained below

The cards have the same priority in TVE3 and their numbers
----

Trans1:
Transponder 1, containing several Canaal Digitaal channels

Trans2:
Transponder 2, containing several TV Vlaanderen channels

Trans3:
Transponder 3, containg both Canal Digitaal and TV Vlaanderen channels

------
The channels for this example:

Channel A is on Trans1 and mapped to both Card1 and Card3
Channel B is on Trans1 and mapped to both Card1 and Card3
Channel C is on Trans1 and mapped to Card1
Channel D is on Trans2 and mapped to Card2
Channel E is on Trans2 and mapped to Card2
Channel F is on Trans3 and mapped to Card1, Card2 and Card3
Channel G is on Trans3 and mapped to Card1 and Card2

All channels are encrypted.
------
This all should result in the following 'simultanious' channel watch/record options:

Channel A: 3x (2x card1, 1x card3)
Channel B: same as Channel A
Channel C: 2x (2x card1)
Channel D: 2x (2x card2)
Channel E: same as Channel D
Channel F: 5x (2x card1, 2x card2, 1x card3)
Channel G: 4x (2x card1, 2x card2)

So, with the Transponders in mind, I can make a matrix how many times I can watch/record a Channel simultanious. Lot's of options, but I only stick to a few, since TVE3 runs in problems quite soon with Conflict manager and scrambling Yes/No.

Situation 1:

I do a record on Channel D and Channel E; recording D starts okay on when 5 mins later the recording E starts, this one starts okay, but result the first recording to get the 'Scrambled Yes' message suddenly, but still both channels are recording okay. Seems like just a cosmetic bug.

Situation 2:

I do a record on Channel A and 5 mins later a record on Channel B. According to the priority of the cards, this should result is both recordings on Card1 (channels are on same transponder), but the result is one Recording and card 1 and one Recording on card 3. When I try to 'watch' Channel C now, it should be able to work, since Card 1 has a 'CAM slot' free still, but I get the error: No free cards available. Even more; when I start a third recording with Channel C, it gives me a 'Conflict' in MP gui, but ignoring this conflict _does_ make the recording start on the second 'slot' of Card1 and working perfect. Looks like a conflict manager problem here maybe?

Situation 3:

I do a record on Channel D and 5 mins later on Channel E. The first slot on Card2 is recording D, the second is recoring E. When recording D stops, and recording E is still running, I should be able to watch Channel D again, since 1 slot is free on Card2. No go, MP gives me 'Unknown Error occurred' (So not the 'No free card' message).

Situation 4:

I'm zapping from channel A up to Channel G, no recordings or other watchings happening, just me zapping up/down. When I zap from Channel C to D, the zap results in getting back to TV Guide. Selectin Channel D from the guide, is does bring me to Channel D. This behaviour is constantly when one zap up/down from a channel on one card to a channel on another card. Doesn't matter is you are using zap up/down, miniepg or Guide. TVE3 server does 'tune' to the channel correctly it seems, but after a sec or 2 is just stops 'streaming'.

I can put more situations here, like combination of channels A, F, G etc, but I think they all seem to related to the same problem. I just put them in here, so we might be able to refer to them in replies to this post and more testings.

- Dutch

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom