Confused about how to configure Media portal to communicate with set top box (1 Viewer)

cellsee

May 1, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am confused about how to get a set top box to communicate with Media Portal 2

I have an HP z440 workstation running Windows 7 pro.

I have a Comcast set top box model DC50Xu

What steps must I do to configure Media Portal 2 so it can communicate with this set top box?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am confused about how to get a set top box to communicate with Media Portal 2

I have an HP z440 workstation running Windows 7 pro.

I have a Comcast set top box model DC50Xu

What steps must I do to configure Media Portal 2 so it can communicate with this set top box?
    How do you want MP2 communicate with this box? I guess the box has no windows OS, so you won't be able to install the MP2 server on it. The wiki shows the installation scenarios, have you checked it already? But if your box has no USB and windows drivers I fear there is no way to make it work with MP2.

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You need a capture card like the Hauppauge Colossus. Check the forum for answers how to set it up. Plus you will need a pc remote with transciever and the blaster function in Mediaportal to send your remote commands to the receiver. How to's are also here just search for it.
    Since you're planning to use MePo 2 I can't really help you further because I'm still using MePo1.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since you're planning to use MePo 2 I can't really help you further because I'm still using MePo1.
    I believe that any solution for MP1 would also work for MP2 since the respective TVServer plugins probably also work in MP2. Therefore it might be intereseting for @cellsee if you shared your experience here.

If it then turns out that he can't get MP2 to work for his particular setup, he could also consider using MP1 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom