Confused about Star rating (1 Viewer)

TiboTv

Portal Pro
June 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

I'm a bit confused about star rating...
I want to use this system and create some views sorted by ratings to get a list of my preferred songs easily and to create playlist with the best rated songs.

But... I'm a bit worried about where the star rating is saved... Is it into the mp3 file or into a database?

This is important because I don't want to spend time to rate my favorite songs and loss all that job when switching to an other system.

Into some of downloaded songs, there's already a star rating into MP or WMP, so I guess that the information is inside the file but a want a confirmation.

A secondary question : If MP star rating is saved into the file (and perhaps in // to the database), is the tag field the same than the one use in WMP? Because I use WMP has an upnp streaming server on my tvserver machine (multiseat setup) to feed my Freecom Musipal and I want to find the same star rating into WMP and MP!

And the last one : If the rating is on the file, could MPTagThat edit this field? Because I can't see this field into the program I actually use : http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Thank you for information!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom