connecting HTPC with Home Theatre System.....HELP! (1 Viewer)

maxtrash

Portal Pro
November 27, 2004
Tilburg, Netherlands
it's a digital connection, so as long as no bits are lost there shouldn't be a problem. I suppose length is also a factor but really, I didn't notice any difference.
Anyway, this is a typical subject to get a flame war over... which is not what I intend to do. Since nazimm doesn't have a 'high end' set, I suppose he could at least give it a try and he can always buy this coaxial shielded cable later on.

A

Anonymous

Ok Guys..

Got myself the Coax cable and plugged it in... 1.5 meters only, nice and short!

Result: I go to AUX on the receiver and lo and behold I get sound from ALL speakers!!!!

All I got to do is hang those damn things to really get the full effect..

Really appreciate the help guys and your patience!!

A

Anonymous

in my last post I said that all was working.. not 100% true!!! The right speakers were not giving anything.. or hardly any sound!!!!

I read the MoBo manual with all the connections and I actually had the line-out jack in the wrong plug (Stupid!)

Anyway got it in the right plug, line-ou, and the red/ white plugs back of the receiver and I ckick on Aux on the REveived, run the SoundStorm test of the speakers and the ALL work 100%

I thought my right speakers were broken somehow.. turns out the line out was connected to the TV sound in but as I now use the receiver speakers and not the TV (it is on mute) I forgot that this was the plug to be used..

Mea Colpa and Thanks to all your help guys!! If it were not for you I would have returned the whole thing claiming it is borken when it was just my ignorence and inpatience!!

THANKS and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR CLOSE ONES

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom