MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,
    I'm having this horrible issue.
    I've been running single-seat, for a long time, and now I've decided to move the TVServer to my WHS (Vail).
    I'm aware it's not a supported OS, but it must work regardless.

However, when I goto watch TV, it looses connection, to the tv server.
    I get guide up, with all the channels, but as soon as I enter one, it hangs for about 30 seconds, then it tells me it has lost connection to tv server.
    Any ideas what could cause this?
    I've attached a bunch of logs, from both client and server. I haven't been able to make anything of them.

There is, however, errors with regards to accessing the DB on the client. I installed it as a client, not a singleseat, so maybe there is no DB?

Let me know if you need any info, I'm eager to get this to work.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Maybe you have the problem with the gentle.config file...
    Search for it (on Server) and open it in an editor. Search the content for the mysql connection string. If there is "Localhost" this has to be changed to your servers Name (or IP, only possible if you have static IP on your server).

Nicoolai

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi.
    Maybe you have the problem with the gentle.config file...
    Search for it (on Server) and open it in an editor. Search the content for the mysql connection string. If there is "Localhost" this has to be changed to your servers Name (or IP, only possible if you have static IP on your server).

It was set to the servers hostname. I changed it to IP, just to be sure and restarted tvservice. No change though :(
    I also checked the client's gentle.config, and it has the same connection string.

Nicoolai

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    To elaborate abit.
    I'm running DVB-IP, from one interface.
    Another interface connects to my LAN.
    The LAN interface is primary, set by metric value, and a persistent route has been made, to direct IP-TV channels to the other interface.

My network is all wired, with gigabit interfaces, so I don't think it is the network that crashes.
    It does this on all channels, on both clients I have tested, so I assume it's the server.

Does anyone have ideas on how I can figure out what is causing this?

Nicoolai

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    So, I've tried to change my setup abit. I've reverted back to my old single-seat setup, where everything works.
    BUT, if I try to view the server, from another computer on my network, I also get connection to tv server lost.
    What can I have done wrong? Is there something special I need to do with the configuration, to allow remote viewing?

Nicoolai

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This has been solved. I feel kind of stupid about it.
    Apparently it was my network. I went onto my router, and disabled all the fancy stuff it could do, and now it all works.

mmenzie

May 19, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    glad your works.... i posted a similar issue and cant get no love. i know its not the router cause i have two client PC's and one works and the other does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom