Connection to tv server lost (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    btw. The client machine is on 24/7, doing other tasks, MP is started only occasionally on it. The HTPC (single seat) is on 24/7

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    So you have a single-seat and a dedicated client which connect to the single-seat. Am I right?

When the client could not connect to the server:

[2013-11-10 12:22:20,367] [Error ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TVHome: Error occured in on loading : No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.101:31456, st at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
    at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.OnLoaded()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.RemoteControl_OnRemotingConnected()
    at TvControl.RemoteControl.InvokeEvents()
    at TvControl.RemoteControl.RefreshRemotingConnectionStatus()
    at TvControl.RemoteControl.get_Instance()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.HeartBeatTransmitter()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

there was nothing any in the server log at that time

[2013-11-10 11:59:13,432] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - Scheduler: recList: count: 1 add scheduleid: 1374 card: Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 10382E83-0
    [2013-11-10 11:59:13,432] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [DEBUG] - CardReservation.CancelCardReservation id=345
    [2013-11-10 12:22:53,118] [Log ] [20 ] [DEBUG] - Deleting invalid recordings
    [2013-11-10 13:54:28,127] [Log ] [20 ] [INFO ] - Controller: find free card for channel 12-1 WISN 12
    [2013-11-10 13:54:28,151] [Log ] [20 ] [INFO ] - Controller: find card for channel 12-1 WISN 12

It can be network issue but we should ask @mm1352000.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    So why would starting MP from Watchdog as "Report a bug to Team-MediaPortal" connect to the TV-Server on the HTPC, but starting from Watchdog as "Report a Bug to a Plugin or Skin Designer" does not... consistently and repeatably each time it is attempted? Doesn't seem like a network issue to me.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    As I remember the using Watchdog as Report a bug to Team-MediaPortal starts MP without any plugin. Try to switch off all plugin and test again. If the test is success you can enable the plugins step by step to check which is the bad.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If this is a plugin problem then I'd eat my hat! :D
    I suspect it is some kind of timing problem: when plugins are loaded, the delay is enough to trigger the "disconnect".

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    bad = slow down the system and cause timeout ;)
    Yeah... but my point was that in theory it could be any combination of plugins that together need some time to start up.
    Didn't somebody add a beta/debug option that enables async plugin loading? Would be interesting to see if the problem still occurs with that option enabled.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Looks like there are other issues being addressed in the plugin forum.. new version available, will look at it.

Thanks for looking at the issue for me.(y)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom