connection to TV service lost (1 Viewer)

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP client lost connection to TV service directly after wakeup from hibernate at 2011-09-25 14:04:14.419921 - see logs.

The task manager showed the TV service as not running anymore.

Anyone knows, what did happen?

Regards,
    --Alex

MediaPortal Version: 1.2 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: DefaultWide
    Windows Version: Windows 7 64 Bit
    CPU Type: Intel Core2 Duo @ 3GHz
    HDD: WD15EVDS 1,5TB
    Memory: 4GB DDR2-800
    Motherboard: XFX GeForce 9300
    Video Card: ATI 5570
    Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst™ 11.8
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3: ATI 5570 - HDMI
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual V2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.1.0.28
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: CyberLink PDVD 10(TV)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: LAV Audio Decoder (saf 6)
    h.264 Video Codec: PDVD 11
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2
    HTPC Case: HFX classic bundle
    Cooling: BorgFX Heatpipekühler
    Power Supply: Silverstone ST-30NF, 300W
    Remote: iMON VFD
    TV: Panasonic PT-AE4000
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey guys,
    I am having the same issue with a Mystique Cabix, however I can't tell if this is related to MP, as the system in general behaves sort of strange when resuming.
    If helpful I can also try to produce some logs - let me know...

Sepp.

icam2

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've Noticed This also and after playing about with it i can see that the power scheduler plugin is not restarting the tvservice on wakeup (even though i've got it checked) on wake up i do a Manual restart of the tvservice and then its fine. Not had time to get logs but i'll do my best to get some in a day or 2.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi alexirion

Thanks for the full logs and especially for specifying the date and time when the issue occurred - that makes my "job" *much* easier. :)
    Okay, so in the tv.log I see that TV Server attempts to resume, and then there is an error:

2011-09-25 14:04:16.453125 [(29)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.TimeoutExpired(Object commandObject)

bei System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)

bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

bei System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)

So it looks like TV Server was trying to talk to the database, but that failed. Maybe the database was not ready yet, or also had problems - not sure - but TV Server needs (1) the network connection to be connected and (2) a connection to the database in order to function correctly.

I also see this in the system event log:

"09/25/2011 14:04:14"; "Service Control Manager", "(0)", "Error", "The timeout (30000 ms) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Netman service."; "3221232483"

To me that indicates a possible problem with networking in general after the resume.

I notice the computer had been asleep for about 3 hours. That would be long enough for a DHCP lease to expire. Do you use a static IP address with this TV Server?

mm

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey mm,
    right, network has been a candidate for me, too. I have a usb wifi device attached that needs a while until it's ready after resume.
    Isn't there an option to use a dummy network device for a single seat setup?

All the best,
    Sepp.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Sepp

There sure is! :)
    There is a link to a very good setup tutorial in our wiki -->here<-- (just search the page for "loopback").

mm

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    all right - always good to take a look at the tutorials :)
    I think I'll give this a try. Thanks mm!

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mm1352000,

thank you very much for your analysis. The computer has a static ip, so that I can connect via vnc for administration.

How does the ip and network matter? It's a single seat setup, so database, TV server and client are on the same machine.

In addition I have to mention, that I switched to PowerScheduler++ just the night before and I never had a tv server loss all the time before. I will continue testing, if it's happening again. Until now, the problem was only a one timer.

Is it possible that the database request was an old one, just before the PowerScheduler hibernated the system and after waking up, it was seen as expired?

--Alex

Hi alexirion

Thanks for the full logs and especially for specifying the date and time when the issue occurred - that makes my "job" *much* easier. :)
    Okay, so in the tv.log I see that TV Server attempts to resume, and then there is an error:

2011-09-25 14:04:16.453125 [(29)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

bei MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.TimeoutExpired(Object commandObject)

bei System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)

bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

bei System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)

So it looks like TV Server was trying to talk to the database, but that failed. Maybe the database was not ready yet, or also had problems - not sure - but TV Server needs (1) the network connection to be connected and (2) a connection to the database in order to function correctly.

I also see this in the system event log:

"09/25/2011 14:04:14"; "Service Control Manager", "(0)", "Error", "The timeout (30000 ms) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Netman service."; "3221232483"

To me that indicates a possible problem with networking in general after the resume.

I notice the computer had been asleep for about 3 hours. That would be long enough for a DHCP lease to expire. Do you use a static IP address with this TV Server?

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom