Considering MP1 --> MP2 Transition, Some Questions. (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
For over 5 years now I've been running an HTPC with MediaPortal. However, I'm adding a second HTPC in the house. I'll have a main Client/Server HTPC and a Client-Only HTPC. For this purpose, it appears the MP2 architecture is far suited then MP1. However, a few months ago when I tested MP2, there were some critical lack of features I require due to which I had to revert back to MP1.

Just wanted to check if these features are now available in MP2.

I was just told External Subtitle has been added to MP2. This was one of the issues, which I understand is now resolved.

#2: 3D Blu-ray Playback. I currently use MovingPictures setup to use External Player for BD ISO's for playing 3D Blu-ray. I know there is no internal 3D Blu-ray ISO playback support, but are we able to use an external player like PowerDVD to playback 3D Blu-ray ISO's? Something like what I have right now:

mp2_3d.PNG

#3: Remote Control. I currently use the remote control I got with Hauppauge Colossus capture card. A few months ago it appeared this kind of a remote control was not supported by MP2. I'd like to use this one on the main Client/Server HTPC and I can buy a different windows IR remote control for the other machine. I'm not clear on the kinds of remotes supported by MP2. This is my current configuration:

mp2_remote.PNG

I believe the above 3 were my main issues, with one being resolved already.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    I was just told External Subtitle has been added to MP2.
    Yes, but I'm afraid it will work only when client and server are on the same machine, see here. There are also some other limitations. But, one of our devs promised to take a look at least at those "limitations" points :)
    but are we able to use an external player
    There is a plugin AppLauncher, which should do the job.

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Yes, but I'm afraid it will work only when client and server are on the same machine, see here. There are also some other limitations. But, one of our devs promised to take a look at least at those "limitations" points :)
    but are we able to use an external player
    There is a plugin AppLauncher, which should do the job.

Thanks for the info.

I won't be building my new HTPC till May-end/June-beginning when GTX 1080 & i7-6800K release, so i have some time. I'll install MP2 on my current MP1/HTPC and test out some of these features and issues to make sure everything works.

Thanks!

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country

I was just wondering if there was any further development on the external subtitle support? As I understand, my Server/Client Machine will have External Subtitle support, but the 2nd Client machine will not. Is that still the case?

Thanks!

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    I was just wondering if there was any further development on the external subtitle support?
    Yes, there has been some development, but only regarding those "limitations" points. Unfortunately there is no progress about external subs in Server/Client (different PCs) environment, for now.

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I was just wondering if there was any further development on the external subtitle support?
    Yes, there has been some development, but only regarding those "limitations" points. Unfortunately there is no progress about external subs in Server/Client (different PCs) environment, for now.

Thanks Aspik. Appreciate the response. Unfortunately I'll need to proceed w/ MP1 on our new HTPC build. I'm setting up one HTPC in the home theater which will be both Server & Client, but i'll have a second HTPC in the bedroom which will be Client only, streaming everything from the Server HTPC. I do need external subs to work on both machines.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom