Considering TerraTec Cinergy 2400i DT (1 Viewer)

Fritz75

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Hildebrandt,

thx for your posting. Good to read, that your card is working properly right now.
Next month I'll buy a terratec cinergy 2400i and a last upgrade for my cpu (from A64 3200+ to A64 X2 4400+)
I'll post the result in august here. Have fun with your tv-card.

regards

Fritz

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    New 2400i came very quickly - Terratec scored some points with me there!!! New card works fine - initial problems where it seemed that tuner No 1 wasn't working properly, and the images from No 2 were off center+compressed...

Reinstalled everything, and now it works like a charm (except subtitles - i'm living in denmark) AFTER i chose the right video codec for TV - the wrong one made MP crash...

MB is Asus A8V-VM SE and im currently running it with the onboard VGA.... Just purchased new tv - Sony KDL-32D3000 - and i'm anxious to see if the onboard VGA is sufficient to run that tv...

Whoops, hit the thanks button:oops: ... Came across this thread as I'm considering getting the Terratec Card, as I'm fed up with the issues with my Hauppauge Nova T 500.

Sorry to drag this off topic, but what's your Sony KDL-32D3000 like, as I've been looking into this one. (Been reading lots of reviews on LCD / Plasma, and trying to make my mind up!)

bermag

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    S4nnow,

hehe been looking through a lot of TV reviews and specifications I guess :D Just gone through that pain. Finally settled for a Samsung 50" Plasma (c96). Sony D3000 was one of the tvs I was considering (Sony D3000 42", Sharp XD1E 42" were some other). Was much into getting an LCD until I decided on the 50" plasma (very nice with a big screen lol and it didnt cost much more than a good 42" LCD).

Good thing about the Sony tv is that it has some good motion and image improvment functionality and IMO picture looks pretty good. Also it supports 24 fps which is a big plus IMO. However it is not full HD (unlike the Sharp XD1E) and has a native solution of 1366x 768. If you plan to use HDMI then that is not a supported resolution over HDMI (onyl standard tv resoultions 1080p/i, 720p etc are supported) so you can't get 1:1 pixel mapping when running over HDMI. But it might still look fine though (did never try that). . Usually is less trouble with overscan issues and rescaling if you can feed the tv with the native resolution.

LCD or plasma, that is the eternal question lol. I did choose plasma in the end (even if LCD is usually better when using as a computer monitor), plasma is still a bit better for showing films than LCD but IMO it is a pretty close race. I would however not choose an ordinary 42" plasma and the reason for that is they are usally 1024x768 native resolution which is not 16:9 so the pixels are stretched out.

Good luck with choosing a tv set. It is a pain to choose, I am very satisfied with my TV though (however I have not get around to connect my PC to it yet).

Back from OT:

What are your troubles with the Nova T-500? Is it the standby issue or do you have other problems? I am considering either the Terratec or the T-500 (will probably choose the Terratec).

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sony KDL-32D3000 works very well for me... Im running it over VGA so i get 1360x768 - with 1x1 pixel mapping, the tv blacks out the 6 remaining pixel-lines...
    Image is good - mind you, its alomost used exclusively for dvd's and for MP... and i have no tv in MP atm, due to problems between my tunercard and the installation... i suspect driver issues, 'cause it did work at one time... solved it with reinstall, now i don't recall what i did to solve the problem...

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi bermag,

I just read your question about the Nova T-500. I had one, returned it last week. The standby issue drove me crazy. Ordered Terratec 2400i instead, hope it works better during S1/S3 standby.

Have already a Twinhan 3040, with the same issue that it can't handle S3 standby. If I use this state then the tuner is all messed up and I have to (physically) unplug power before it recognizes the card properly again. If I use S1 it works better but then the fans etc are all on during standby...

/Peter

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

Installed my new Cinergy 2400i this afternoon and so far it works flawlessly going into and coming out of standby (S3). A major difference to the old Twinhan I have.

/Peter

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Great, you've made my decision for me. Thanks bermag & Hildebrandt for the feedback on LCD's.

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Fixed my problem with TV in MP...
    Problem was, that the image was in the left side of screen with the rest blacked out... Same thing was seen in the small preview box in the menu...
    After reinstall and a switch from on-board graphics (ASUS A8V-VM SE) to Sapphire x1300, 256MB problem went away... Now i'm seeing stuttering in live tv - but this issue has been raised by others, and seems to be related to 2.3 RC3... Will try reinstalling RC2 to see how that works out...

Overall very satisfied with the 2400i...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom