ContextMenu for FullScreenVideo stays open after Playback (1 Viewer)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    While sleeping, I had another idea and could confirm it this morning. The fix for closing the routedwindow has a sideeffect :(
    Start playing a short video, leave fullscreen, so it plays in the small overlay and open a context menu while browsing any other window. Keep the menu open and wait for the video to end ... oops your context menu closes by itself :)

I think I have to add a check if the current window is the fullscreenvideo window before calling closeroutedwindow in that playerstopped event. Maybe even better would be not to close the routedwindow from that event but a method on the fullscreenwindow class called when it' about to close.

Debugging...

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Maybe even better would be not to close the routedwindow from that event but a method on the fullscreenwindow class called when it' about to close.

This seems like best approach to me.

This might not be possible however, due the nature of skin engine and window manager. Best to test :)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You are correct, it is not possible in any other way than to use the Player Events, because once the ContextMenu is open it takes over all Process and Message handling :( Which is actually why we have this problem in the first place.

I modified the patch (reuploaded here), so the fullscreen classes for video and tv/recordings check if the current window has its ID before closing any context menu.
    (+ your remark for the PageLoad)

Should finally be good to go now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom