Correct import ID / folder name for "Chernobyl (2019)" (1 Viewer)

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I have just ripped both discs of the TV mini-series Chernobyl. I have them in two folders called:

CHERNOBYL (2019) DISC 1 tt7366338
CHERNOBYL (2019) DISC 2 tt7366338

...which is the same format as I previously used for the series Das Boot.

However, MP2 refuses to download any metadata or art for it. It has an ID on both IMDB.com (tt7366338) and TheMovieDB.org (87108) but a manual re-import with any permutation of these brings up nothing. Seems a bit odd for such a well known series.

I thought for a while that my metadata download was broken but since then I have ripped Bill and Ted: Face the Music and that imported first go.

Any thoughts?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have just ripped both discs of the TV mini-series Chernobyl. I have them in two folders called:

CHERNOBYL (2019) DISC 1 tt7366338
    CHERNOBYL (2019) DISC 2 tt7366338

...which is the same format as I previously used for the series Das Boot.

However, MP2 refuses to download any metadata or art for it. It has an ID on both IMDB.com (tt7366338) and TheMovieDB.org (87108) but a manual re-import with any permutation of these brings up nothing. Seems a bit odd for such a well known series.

I thought for a while that my metadata download was broken but since then I have ripped Bill and Ted: Face the Music and that imported first go.

Any thoughts?
    Log files of the server after the import actions please. I assume the online source was not accessible, but without logs I can only make uncertain assumptions.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Hi,

The online source(s) are absolutely accessible as when I try a manual search using "re import" it does come up with suggestions, it is just that none of the suggestions are correct. Log files attached anyway :)

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2022-07-05-22.01.23.zip
      7 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your logs do unfortunately not show any import related entries, so probably you did not reproduce it just before taking new logs.
    Accessing the page online does not mean, that our API can access the online source. TVDB has changed from a free service to a paid, so I do always tag everything offline with tMM (free until Version 3.1.16) and import afterwards with deactivated online sources.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    @ge2301 , your API can see the online sources fine - see the picture. It is suggesting matches based on the folder name, except none of them are correct.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      39.2 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also added the series to check the Auto Match functionality. This also works here, the first result is always the correct one.
    I don't think it realted to it, but could you rename the series once as in my example?

1657207700676.png

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Thanks for the continued feedback.

Have I done something wrong by putting this in my "Movies" collection rather than as a TV series? I notice that the online sources for TV and Movies are different and thetvdb.org doesn't appear in my list of sources for Movies but it does for TV.

It is still odd that you can get a match on IMDB though, and I cannot. See the picture - manual search using the IMDB ID number brings up no matches at all.

When you say "rename the series" do you mean rename the folder that the DVD rips are in?

EDIT I just noticed that I actually don't have an option to download data from IMDB which is really odd as I always tag my movie folders with the IMDB ID number.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      31 KB
    • Capture2.JPG
      Capture2.JPG
      29.7 KB
    • Capture3.JPG
      Capture3.JPG
      30.3 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have I done something wrong by putting this in my "Movies" collection rather than as a TV series?
    Yes, it’s not a movie, but a series. This makes a big difference. Movies and series shares should be kept separately. The importer scripts behind are different and also the online sources.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    OK so how should I rip and store a series from DVD then? These are not individual episodes, but two DVD rips stored as AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS subfolders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom