Correct wake-on-lan settings (1 Viewer)

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Please could someone tell me what the correct settings should be for a WIndows 7 MP2 client to automatically wake a Windows 7 MP2 server from sleep when the client launches?

This used to work fine before I rebuilt my server PC, but now when the server goes to sleep I have to manually wake it before I can connect the client.

Currently I have "Wake on Magic Packet" and "Wake on Pattern Match" both selected, but I don't know which method MP2 uses to do the "waking".

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Currently I have "Wake on Magic Packet" and "Wake on Pattern Match" both selected
    That is certainly not of harm.

Since you experience the problem after having rebuilt your server PC, chances are that this has led to changes in the IP address (and maybe also MAC). The client and server addresses are stored in the database and don't necessarily get updated. Logs could shed more light on this.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks @HTPCSourcer . Bit busy at the moment but I will do some more investigations as soon as I can.

The client can see the server as long as it is awake, so its not like it has lost contact completely. However I have also since changed my router, but I am sure I configured it to assign the same IP address to my server PC. I will check that also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom