Corrected: Recording Olympics problems (same name for all showings) (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    an issue with recording same name programs... With the Olympics running, I cannot record subsequent showings of XXII Winter Olympics if I have one show recorded already, until it is deleted. All showings of the Olympics on the same channel during the day have the same program title even though descriptions are different for the shown events. Having the recorded name on disk include the start time does not have any influence.

Frustrating.

Last edited:

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Curious about your problem since I've never seen this. Do you have the "Check episode" set in TV Config > Recordings? If you look in the TV Server log files you should see entries when the recordings were started, or not stated. In the past I played with this setting and it worked as expected.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/TV-Server_Configuration/07_Recording

as an experiment I recorded last nights/mornings olympics and see the expected show/episodes.
    XXII Winter Olympics - 2014-02-15 - Alpine Skiing, Short Track, Speed Skating, Ski Jumping
    XXII Winter Olympics - 2014-02-16 - Curling

This morning I started 2 pairs of recordings, scheduled at 9am, a few minutes later I did a 2nd "Quick Record" of the same 2 shows. Both pairs of recordings work as expected. I see the shows in TV > Recordings, "Mornings on 2", at 8:58am and 9:04am for the scheduled/quick recording and "Travel Thru History (Nashville) at 8:59am and 9:05am for the scheduled/quick recording. If I look in my recordings folder I see the following name.ts and name.xml files. Looks like MePo added a "_1" to the file name of the duplicate recordings.

Mornings on 2 _ - 2014-02-16
    Mornings on 2 _ - 2014-02-16_1
    Travel Thru History _ - 2014-02-16 - Nashville
    Travel Thru History _ - 2014-02-16 - Nashville_1

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I haven't made changes in, like, forever .... I will look a little deeper. Thanks

It looks like the program is being recorded as a Movie rather than a Series.

so, your setting is "Title - Date - Episode Name" ?

I'll have to look more closely, I'm having to try to read an NTSC screen :eek:

Last edited:

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I made sure to uncheck the check episode box, and renamed the custom recording name for Movie to %title% - %date% - %time% - %name%. I set three consecutive Olympics showings to record, after deleting the watched recording.

First show recorded and reflects the name change.

The second show somehow became unselected, I tried a manual record, but it did not happen, neither current show nor until manual stop would start the recording, even though Guide shows it is set for recording. I will try to get logs when the wife is done watching.

MP TV Server 1.5.0

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    hmm, so you have trouble starting the recordings. you might want to check the scheduled recordings with series = off to confirm the shows that are scheduled. Or maybe try using New > QuickRecord to manually select channel, start time, length.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Why isn't start time and duration user defined? it would make more sense (to me) to make it like a vcr recording set-up ( channel, start date, start time, end date, end time).

Plus having to think in 24 hr clock rather than 12 hr clock is a trick at my age. :LOL:

waiting for 6 more minutes to see if it works.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    nope, did not work either. I have 3 series recordings going (2 on the same channel - overlap) one channel being watched (Olympics) and a free tuner.

The quick recording set was removed from the scheduled recording page when it was supposed to start.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I had to collect the TV Server Logs manually, kept getting an unhandled exception in Watchdog during collection. Do you need the MP logs as well?

The programs I set to record for "XXII Winter Olympics" on channel 4.1 TMJ4

1 - 1:59 pm to 5:01 pm (recorded correctly), XXII Winter Olympics - 2014-02-16 - 2_00 PM - SnowBoarding, Cross-Country Skiing.ts
    2 - 5:59 pm (did not record), ... Figure Skating, Alpine Skiing, Snowboarding, Speed Skating, Bobsled
    3 - 10:34 pm (did not record), ... Biathlon

I stopped TV Service before collecting logs (shortly after the 3rd recording failed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom