Corrupt DB - Cannot Execute MySql Command (1 Viewer)

Altay Ayyuce

Portal Member
August 13, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
I've got a corrupt MPTVDB as I can't seem to Import any of my TV Recordings using the TV Server Configurator. The actual recordings are showing up in the TV Server Configurator window but when I try and import the shows I get the following error:

"Error retrieving recordings from database:
The columns idRecording, idChannel, idSchedule.....episodePart in table Recording do not exist". (I've truncated the whole error message but it pretty much outlines every column in this DB).

Searching around the threads, I then tried reparing the database by executing the following commands from the command line:

CD C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin
mysqlcheck mptvdb --auto-repair -e -u root -p

...and various other versions of the "mysqlcheck" command above. For the password I enter "Mediaportal". I also stoped the TVService prior to executing the above commands.

Each time however, I get the following error:

"mysqlcheck: Got error: 10 45: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' <using password: YES> when trying to connect "

I have scoured the web to try and determine why I'm getting this error to no avail. Can someone please help as to why I'm getting this error and how to get around it.

I need a way to repair the MPTVDB database and the only way seems to be by executing the above but for some reason, I don't seem to have the privelages to execute the command.

Help greatly appreciated.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I think the password is case-sensitive "MediaPortal", not "Mediaportal".

Altay Ayyuce

Portal Member
    August 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ...ok...I'm in a warm bath with razor blades at the ready !!!!!!!!

Thanks Seco...couldn't 'see the wood for the trees'. I must have entered the damn command in over 20 times but didn't pick up on the uppercase "P" !

All works great and have managed to repair the DB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom