Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To all beta testers:

CouchPotato 1.3 beta 8 is available!

• Added new strings to translation, please update your language at mygengo.com!
    • Reworked server list: All servers you were connected to are automatically favorites
    • More fixes for gesture recognization on gesture view
    • Fixed font size in settings menu on iOS5
    • Fixed text field background in authentication dialog on iOS5
    • Switched JSON parser, sending and receiving may now be faster
    • More tests and preparations for mp-extended (not visible in this beta)

If there are no bugs this will be the last beta for CouchPotato 1.3. I think there are enough tweaks and fixes to release this version and fully focus on mp-extended integration in the next version.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Shukuyen,

Long time no-speak, I am so sorry for not being able to do any testing lately.

I have had a bit of time to play with Beta 8 and have a bit of feedback.

CP94 - seems to be OK for me now.

CP94 and 95 are still a problem for me (although I can't remember why I reported it twice). If I am watching any TV/Video and I select button 1 from my attached .png, I expect to see the video/EPG details show on the screen, which it does. If I then press it again I expect the video/epg details to disappear, which it does, but the context menu (menu normally associated with button 2 from the attached .png) then automatically comes up without me asking for it.

So, the exact button sequence to get fault is:

1) Play fullscreen video
    2) Press "i" (button 1 from attached .png) - EPG/Video details are shown at bottom of screen
    3) press "i" again - EPG/Video details are removed, but context menu is shown when it shouldn't

CP92 - seems to be OK for me now.

I hope this helps.

Robbo100

Attachments

• CP_Screen.png
      CP_Screen.png
      296.4 KB

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi robbo100,

thanks for your feedback.
    The issue you mentioned is kind of a feature ;-) One info press shows info, a second the menu. You can close the info with the back button.

If you don't like that you can try to tune your WifiRemote.xml file - this is where MediaPortal determines what to do with the commands sent by CouchPotato. The line responsible for showing the menu on the second info button press is here: WifiRemote.xml - wifiremote - A MediaPortal plugin to send and receive remote commands via TCP/IP - Google Project Hosting

Bye,
    Shukuyen.

Hi Shukuyen,

Long time no-speak, I am so sorry for not being able to do any testing lately.

I have had a bit of time to play with Beta 8 and have a bit of feedback.

CP94 - seems to be OK for me now.

CP94 and 95 are still a problem for me (although I can't remember why I reported it twice). If I am watching any TV/Video and I select button 1 from my attached .png, I expect to see the video/EPG details show on the screen, which it does. If I then press it again I expect the video/epg details to disappear, which it does, but the context menu (menu normally associated with button 2 from the attached .png) then automatically comes up without me asking for it.

So, the exact button sequence to get fault is:

1) Play fullscreen video
    2) Press "i" (button 1 from attached .png) - EPG/Video details are shown at bottom of screen
    3) press "i" again - EPG/Video details are removed, but context menu is shown when it shouldn't

CP92 - seems to be OK for me now.

I hope this helps.

Robbo100

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    The issue you mentioned is kind of a feature ;-) One info press shows info, a second the menu. You can close the info with the back button.

Oh, OK. I have to admit, I don't like this feature so I may change the config.

The latest beta seems to work without any problems though - very nice work, as always.

Robbo100

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, I didn't notice any problem either. I will submit this version to the App Store on the weekend then.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Just one thing

I can't set the servers to favourites so that I can use then for WOL.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Servers you connected to once should stick to the list automatically now, so that you can use them for WOL. See first post second bullet point :)
    I thought there is no need for favorites with something like this, because most likely every server you connect to is a favorite ...

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    OK, I have checked that now and it works perfectly.

I think it was because I checked this function immediately after upgrading to beta 8, and the upgrade process deletes the stored clients.

I shouldn't have doubted you :)

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom