CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.2 (2011-08-05) (3 Viewers)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
1) You need to install the plugin WiFi remote
2)it will tell you through the app store and you need to install it manually then
3) no, only for purchasing the app, updates are free

Oh, all the best to you shukuyen!

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi JimmyBoy,

I am thinking of using this as I have recently purchased an iPod. However, I am completely dumb when it comes to this, as I have never owned one before. I just have a couple of questions.

1) Is there a server part that I need to download / install for this to work with mediaportal
    2) If there is an update to CouchPotato, do I need to manually download it, or will couchpotato tell me there is an update and automatically do it for me?
    3) Do I have to pay for updates

Sorry for the rookie questions, but any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

1) Yes, the server part is called "WifiRemote", it's a plugin for MediaPortal. You can find it in the MediaPortal Plugin Installer or in the download repository at team-mediaportal.com
    2) The update will appear in the "Updates" list of the App Store app on your iPod. You will not get a notification for that, so just make sure you open the app store app now and then :)
    3) No, updates will be free

Feel free to ask any question, we all were beginners at some point ;)

edit: Gnaaa, didn't see MrCrabs reply ^^ Thanks a lot, dude! Will try to find my way back to this as soon as possible

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have one more question, hope you guys dont mind! :p

I currently use a Logitech Harmony 300i, and the volume buttons control my Logitech Z-5500. My Z-5500 is connected by SP/DIF, so when viewing a movie with DTS etc, changing the volume in MP itself has no effect, as the SP/DIF passthrough ignores the volume and sends a direct signal to the Z-5500.

This works ok as all buttons control MP, except the volume which controls my Z-5500 (MP volume is always kept at 100%)

So, as you can probablly guess, is there anyway I can achieve the same thing with CouchPotato - That is, the volume buttons control my Z-5500 instead of MP. I was thinking if I could use EventGhost (or similar) with some IR Blasters then this could work, but not having used either EventGhost or CouchPotato (yet!), im not too sure how these could interface with each other (but I do think, with some fiddeling it could be achieved).

Does anyone have any advice ?

Thanks.

xetic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 29, 2010
    Bonn/Alfter
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same problem with my Onkyo AVR.
    But i hope sameone can implement the function (Couch or ampdroid) to control the HomeCinema over a USB-CEC adapter :)

koalabravo

April 18, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am having difficulties getting CouchPotato to work. Installed it and WifiRemote under MP 1.2.2 and couldn't get them to work initially. Then a couple of days later they suddenly started working, I have no idea why or how as I'd given up on them and stopped tinkering. Today I upgraded to MP 1.2.3 and Wifi remote got deleted by the install so I reinstalled it again and now CouchPotato won't work again. Triple checked every setting, uninstalled and reinstalled CouchPotato, WifiRemote, Bonjour...no result.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not yet, sorry :-S
    I had really limited free time in the last months, therefor the lack of updates.

The next version will be a minor bugfix/feature update adding support for facades and MediaPortal dialogs. After that the most important feature will be MP-Extended integration. I thought a lot about how to do the navigation for this and may need to do a complete rewrite of the app. Not sure yet, but it may be necessary. With or after mp-extended I will add support for the iPad.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Dj_Moren,

unfortunately there is no easy way to do that in the app store, so no.
    If you have any questions regarding the app let me know.

Bye,
    Shukuyen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom