CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.2 (2011-08-05) (2 Viewers)

NewbieFromHell

Portal Member
July 10, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
not sure if heres the best place to put this, but i have an issue with my CP for some reason it started asking me for a password (there is one) but when prompted there is no box to enter it my device is a iPhone5 and it was working perfectly well up until 2 weeks ago or so, i have uninstalled, reinstalled everything short of blanking and starting my iphone again, any thoughts ??

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    not sure if heres the best place to put this, but i have an issue with my CP for some reason it started asking me for a password (there is one) but when prompted there is no box to enter it my device is a iPhone5 and it was working perfectly well up until 2 weeks ago or so, i have uninstalled, reinstalled everything short of blanking and starting my iphone again, any thoughts ??

Hey newbiefromhell,

The problem here is that iOS 7 removed the possibility for developers to add custom fields to the alert view. That's how I made the password input field in CouchPotato and that's why it is broken.

The only solution until I release couchpotato 2 (where it's already working) is sadly to remove the password from your WifiRemote installation. Really sorry about that.

datja

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Am I missing something?

Because of a sudden death of my 8-year old htpc, I quickly installed mediaportal on a laptop. With the old htpc I had the four coloured buttons on the MCE control. But now I bought Couchpotato. However, I can't find the functionality of those coloured buttons in Couchpotato - I need those for selecting subtitle language, and sometimes for screen size etc. Where are they now?

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Am I missing something?

Because of a sudden death of my 8-year old htpc, I quickly installed mediaportal on a laptop. With the old htpc I had the four coloured buttons on the MCE control. But now I bought Couchpotato. However, I can't find the functionality of those coloured buttons in Couchpotato - I need those for selecting subtitle language, and sometimes for screen size etc. Where are they now?

Hi datja,

Those colored buttons were never in CouchPotato 1, as I didn't need them myself and no one complained ;)

I already have them in the long promised version 2 that I am working on, but that is still in development and will be for a while.

Sorry for the unsatisfying answer!

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Alright, thank you. I will wait by the computer patiently

Hi, I have been sitting next to my computer for nearly a year now waiting for the iPhone 5 version of CouchPotato supporting the bigger screen.

Since then, iPhone 6 has come out with an even bigger screen and higher resolution.

Can you please release a version that uses the screen and isn't using half the screen.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I have been sitting next to my computer for nearly a year now waiting for the iPhone 5 version of CouchPotato supporting the bigger screen.

Since then, iPhone 6 has come out with an even bigger screen and higher resolution.

Can you please release a version that uses the screen and isn't using half the screen.

You are totally right and I really can't find the words to express the bad conscience I am having for taking that long (it's been years, omg ...).
    I know you don't want to here excuses or reasons why it is like it is, so here is what I plan to do to fix that:

I already decided to reduce the feature set I want to implement for 2.0 to get it out of the door eventually. The version I have works great for me already, but lots of the reduced feature set is still missing, also the app needs a lot more polishing until I can release it "into the wild". So I will fix up some of the most critical parts, implement the gesture remote that I am currently working on and start a beta version.

With that you can get an app that works on bigger screens but you are aware that it's not anywhere near a finished product, when you download it. Also it might put even more pressure on me to get the 2.0 version done and gives me feedback how everything is working and where the problems are.

How does that sound?

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Sounds good Shukuyen.. As long as it fits the bigger screen and the main controls work, I think you will find most people will be happy while you keep finishing your other new features. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom