[solved] Could not find the MediaPortal.Common.Logging.ILogger service after upgrading from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 (1 Viewer)

fstruijs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2009
    Breda
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.3

Description
    Hello,

After upgrading MP2 from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3, MP2 client doesn't start anymore. When the MP2 splashscreen appears en box is displayed on the screen with error message: Unhandled exception: Could not find the MediaPortal.Common.Logging.ILogger service.

The strange thing is: when I start MP2 as administrator (right mousebutton, run as administrator), MP2 runs without problems.

The account I use on this Win10 machine however is member of the local administrator group.

I attached the logfiles.

Can you please help me?

Kind regards,
    Frank

Steps to Reproduce:
    Just start MP2, when the splashscreen appears, a dialog box with error Unhandled exception: Could not find the MediaPortal.Common.Logging.ILogger service is displayed on the screen.

Attachments

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Did you download 2.2.3 with the IE or Edge? If yes, check the zip's context menu in Explorer and tick the "Allow access" checkbox at the bottom of the file properties. Then extract the zip again and run the installer as repair. You can also uninstall MP2 (your data remain untouched) before running the installer again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    P Mediaportal 2 client can't find TV server General 3
    C Telenet analog-to-digital switch -- manually finding and inputting DVB-C channels in Mediaportal2 General 0
    W Not finding/matching new series - thetvdb issue? My TVSeries 3
    morpheus_xx [Help Me!] Where can I find source code for MPUrlSourceSplitter? Developer Discussions 3
    joecrow [solved] Can't find Series (Animals with Cameras) My TVSeries 4
    Jean-Christophe MP 2.2 - Where can I find Movies NOT imported (and why??) ? General 13
    Terra [solved] MP TV Server cannot find any channels anymore, DVB viewer works Installation, configuration support 8
    N [fixed] Where do I find radio programmes I have recorded MediaPortal 2 1
    O [solved] Cannot find TV DVB-T2 channels (TBS-6281SE) Newcomers Forum 7
    A VideoDatabaseV5.db3 lock not released on shutting down PC from MediaPortal Installation, configuration support 0
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1.26 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 0
    F MediaPortal 1.16 server crashing due to user error? General Support 5
    M Add Radio channels and EPG to Mediaportal xmlTV 2
    Symphy Version 0.2.9.0 for MediaPortal 1.25 ASIO music player 0
    doskabouter Installing mediaportal MediaPortal 1 3
    A Mediaportal Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    G Update von MediaPortal Installationsprobleme? 0
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1 - 1.25 Released! News and Announcements 1
    horned_reaper Standby is prevented by MediaPortal client General Support 0
    U [solved] MediaPortal crashing on startup General Support 10
    g0rsq Info box randomly popping up when watching TV or other video MediaPortal 2 Newcomers Forum 1
    high [unanswered] Hallo möchte gerne Mediaportal. nutzen kann mich jemand anrufen? contactform feedback and requests 2
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1.25 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 0
    ajs [Rejected] Mediaportal Codename MediaPortal 1 48
    M 2nd (Touch-)Display Support on MediaPortal 2 such MPDisplay++? General 2