Could Someone explain in deep how MPAR works ? (1 Viewer)

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    regarding this : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-3-0-alpha-released.109272/page-3#post-880753
    Please, before starting to distribute false claims take some deep dive into the MPAR source code and learn how it works. If something is unclear please ask from the devs first than just make assumptions that might be false. In previous post there was many false claims, but I wont correct those yet (not enough free time at the moment).

@infinite.loop: as i wrote it is just my opinion. I know perfectly that issue in Mp are caused by different clocks between a/v.
    But i prefer much more miss one video frame every 20 min than lost completely original audio track (a part of you say that is impossible to hear difference, so why publisher included HD and loseless audio tracks in BD ?) . And i still wonder why other players and tv software don't suffer this clock drift ?

MPAR wont do anything for the audio when display refresh rate and fps are matching for 99.9% of the time (this varies between 99.0 and 100.0% depending how the audio and video hardware clocks work). In such case MPAR will enter into a quality mode where reference clock corrections (timestretching) are needed. For your 20 minute dropped frame case it would be happening once per 20 minutes and for a quite brief moment. For the remaining time the lossless LPCM stream is passed thru (unless channel mixer or some other feature is required to be used to convert the stream to the output devices format).

If there are some unclear behavior with the MPAR (or any other new functionality) it is much better to open a new thread than to start to spread false information. In any case such deep in technical detail discussions aren't shouldn't to be handled in release news comments.

could someone explain in deep how MPAR works, please?

reading the wiki seems not much different from the old reclok method (may i ask to describe what is wrong with claims in other thread?)
    and also : why using different softwares (eg: xbmc, dvbviewer or mpc) the clock drift seems not happen? (using sync fps a/v)
    I'm not a coder, but is it not possible to use a master clock shared between audio e video? or instead of have to manipulate audio , do something else ?
    thank you a lot

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom