cover art import variable (1 Viewer)

Collective

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I don't know if I'm missing something or if this is a feature request, but I have had a corrupted HD and have had to reinstall from scratch. This includes re-importing all my movies from scratch.

I usually name them "moviename (year) [resolution] [IMDB-ID].ext" and they import fine, but all my covers are very specific and I usually add them all by hand and name them identical to the filename with each movie. However, I thought there was an option added to moving pictures to automatically add covers named this way, but it appears the options are for "folder.jpg" etc.

Is there a way to use 'search movie folders for cover art named:' and add a variable for "match movie filename.jpg"
I know there is the .nfo method, but the time it would take to make the .nfo's I could add them all manually again several times over. Just looking for a quick method to add 1000+ covers automatically

Am i missing some way to add a variable? or am I asking for a new feature?

PS: Mediaportal's video database import recognises the covers automatically

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Am i missing some way to add a variable? or am I asking for a new feature?

Try: MovPic Config -> "Importer Settings" tab -> "Artwork" section -> edit cover entry -> add %filename%.png| to the start of existing input.

And I can not remember if "Data Sources" -> 'manually manage' -> "Cover Art Data Sources" button -> "Local Data" source needs to be positioned first, or if that was for artwork inside the thumbs folder only. Worth to try as well if the above fails I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom