cover art import variable

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by Collective, May 13, 2014.

1. Collective

Collective Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    I don't know if I'm missing something or if this is a feature request, but I have had a corrupted HD and have had to reinstall from scratch. This includes re-importing all my movies from scratch.

I usually name them "moviename (year) [resolution] [IMDB-ID].ext" and they import fine, but all my covers are very specific and I usually add them all by hand and name them identical to the filename with each movie. However, I thought there was an option added to moving pictures to automatically add covers named this way, but it appears the options are for "folder.jpg" etc.

Is there a way to use 'search movie folders for cover art named:' and add a variable for "match movie filename.jpg"
    I know there is the .nfo method, but the time it would take to make the .nfo's I could add them all manually again several times over. Just looking for a quick method to add 1000+ covers automatically

Am i missing some way to add a variable? or am I asking for a new feature?

PS: Mediaportal's video database import recognises the covers automatically

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 2
    Try: MovPic Config -> "Importer Settings" tab -> "Artwork" section -> edit cover entry -> add %filename%.png| to the start of existing input.

And I can not remember if "Data Sources" -> 'manually manage' -> "Cover Art Data Sources" button -> "Local Data" source needs to be positioned first, or if that was for artwork inside the thumbs folder only. Worth to try as well if the above fails I guess.

4. Collective

Collective Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    That's got it!:D
    wonderful. Thankyou

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!