Coverart and imdb rating and movie box sets questions (1 Viewer)

Rbentley100

Portal Pro
December 6, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just installed ant database and myfilms. I am trying to replace moving pictures plugin as I understand myfilms will support box sets?

I am using myfilms 5 with IMDB.xml scraper

However the amc updater doesn't seem to be getting any cover art or imdb ratings. All other **** data (including fanart) is obtained just fine. Any ideas why? Can I easily import all the cover arts from moving pictures?

Secondly, how can I put together a movie box set? At the moment my films are all listed in c:\Films\<Film Name (date)>\<Film Name (date)>.mkv.

I would prefer not to have to change the folders, or is that the only way?

finally, myfilms with the streamedmp list view hides most of the screen, is there an easy way to make it look the same as moving pictures at the moment? (which only hides ~1/2 the fanart).

Thanks in advance

Rbentley100

Portal Pro
December 6, 2011
Home Country
- take a look here: AMC Updater Issues: Grouping & Covers - MediaPortal Forum

-You can group movies using hierarchy groups. It's well explained in the awesome wiki of myfilms. You don't need to move your files, only add the group name to the title

-You should request it in the steamed MP forum. I'm also using that skin, but with coverflow layout

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk

- I thought I had given that xml a go already, I will give it another shot though :)

- thanks, ill give that a shot :)

- ok, will do

Thanks for your help

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am using myfilms 5 with IMDB.xml scraper

However the amc updater doesn't seem to be getting any cover art or imdb ratings. All other **** data (including fanart) is obtained just fine. Any ideas why? Can I easily import all the cover arts from moving pictures?
    Did you try the updated IMDB.xml z3us posted here? There were some changes on IMDb.

@z3us - Is the updated version also posted in the Grabber Scripts thread?

Since sites are always changing, and we don't have a method yet to update grabbers from witin MF, maybe we should have a thread specifically for the latest updated grabbers so everyone can find all the updates easily? I guess the other option would be to add them as separate download on Google code? What do you guys think?

Rbentley100

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2011
    Home Country
    thank you dadeo. I tried his xml again last night and it seemed a lot better (the amc updater definitely got cover art although some only seemed to half appear within the amc tool) I didn't get chance to check how they appear on the mediaportal front end. but fingers crossed :)

I don't know why it didn't work last time I used it. Perhaps because I only used it to update missing fields in my current library rather than creating a new one from scratch.

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Since sites are always changing, and we don't have a method yet to update grabbers from witin MF, maybe we should have a thread specifically for the latest updated grabbers so everyone can find all the updates easily? I guess the other option would be to add them as separate download on Google code? What do you guys think?

I think scripts updated in a thread would be good Dadeo, as this gives people the opportunity to upload custom scripts, with a bit more flexibility. Great idea.:D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I don't know why it didn't work last time I used it. Perhaps because I only used it to update missing fields in my current library rather than creating a new one from scratch.
    Yeah, Guzzi did confirm in this post that there is an issue with updating Covers with AMC Updater. Import works fine. Of course you can update them in GUI, but not batch mode, so if you have a lot to do, that is pretty tedious.

@bwg - Yeah there is a Grabber Scripts/Interface sticky thread, but the updates/custom scripts tend to be hard to find there since they are mixed with Grabber Engine issues/questions. I am trying to think of an easy way to do it, because anyone who provides custom scripts can only update their own posts.

The other problem is that all our testers are already testing 5.2 and grabber scripts have been updated with some improvements. They SHOULD be backwards compatible, but would you, or anyone, be willing to test them with 5.1. to make sure before we post them? If not, we can always start with updates after 5.2 is released.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    @bwg - Yeah there is a Grabber Scripts/Interface sticky thread, but the updates/custom scripts tend to be hard to find there since they are mixed with Grabber Engine issues/questions. I am trying to think of an easy way to do it, because anyone who provides custom scripts can only update their own posts.

I would suggest individual threads

Enviado desde mi gemini apside usando tapatalk

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You mean a separate thread for each grabber? There are 34 (so far) in my scripts folder. It would be easier to add them to a Wiki page since all users can add and update versions there and edit the Wiki page.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    You mean a separate thread for each grabber? There are 34 (so far) in my scripts folder. It would be easier to add them to a Wiki page since all users can add and update versions there and edit the Wiki page.

New threads only for requests and new grabbers. Like in the AMC or moving pictures forum.

Enviado desde mi gemini apside usando tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom