Coverart (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

How do you remove coverart, I have all the coverart in my music folder showing the same album art. Damn Kenny Loggins. If I could get that out of there I can add in the right art. Is there anything I can do to get Kenny Loggins face off my page. Help!

M

miller1328

First off I have to say that your post sounds hilarious! Damn Kenny Loggins!

Anyways, I think there are two ways that coverart can be showing. If a file called folder.jpg is in your music directory, then the files in that directory use that image. Otherwise, check through your thumbs directory in the Media Portal install path because I think that's where MP sticks thumbnails for things that it downloads itself, such as through a internet album/song lookup. That's what I can tell you off the top of my head.

A

Anonymous

I have checked the things you suggested but still have the same problems. Any other ideas? I had everthing working in J River media center but I like Media Portals features so much more. I'd rather give my money to a more feature rich program but I need to get these details worked out.

bradp

Portal Member
January 23, 2006
Dallas
I have the same problem. All of my media files show Twista album covers. Anyone know how to fix this one. Is there a program to remove embedded album covers?

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
In default, the MP database fetches folder.jpg files for each folder. However, if all your music is in one folder, you'll have to explain MP to grab the coverart from the tags in the MP3 files.
Howto: When you are in the setup, go to music-database, check the folders that contain music (it's probably OK in default) and check "Use coverart embedded in MP3s for thumbnails". Hit "Update database blabla"

bradp

Portal Member
January 23, 2006
Dallas
I think that I have tried all of the suggestions in the forum as to solving this problem. I deleted all of the images out of the thumbs directory. I also removed the coverart from my songs (only 3 embedded) using the godfather.

I have also used the option to use embedded images as coverart. I still get the same image for all of the songs in my folder.

I could create folders for each artist, but it seems pointless for some artists for which I only have 2 songs.

Anyone else have some suggestions? Thanks in advance.

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Wait a second... You mean you don't want any cover art, just the default icon.
You may want to check the folder Mediaportal/thumbs/music and surrounding for the undoubtably stunningly beautiful picture of Kenny Loggins and, once found, delete it.

bradp

Portal Member
January 23, 2006
Dallas
Yeah.. I don't really care for the cover art. I've already deleted the cover art in the thumbs directory. Is there anywhere else that I should look to just get the default image on the screen for my music?

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The folder containing the MP3's does not contain a folder.jpg (this file is sometimes hidden. In that case: is the icon of the folder default in windows explorer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom