CPU and Graphic card vs APU...Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

loadme

Portal Pro
January 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
in the end i went for the Streacom F8B Case.
But it seems its out of stock in the EU, so that i have to wait until the end of july.

I changed the mobo a little bit, because the passive cooled case requires a specific board layout / cpu placement
they list suitable boards on their website

loadme

Portal Pro
January 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
hardware is getting tested right now
the boxed cooling fan of the A3500 is fine on idle systems, but really annoying on workload

case should be here next week. rest runs smoothly so far

Philip Schuster

August 23, 2012
Home Country
Austria Austria
Did not build an AMD APU system yet but they seem to suit the needs of a HTPC quite well. I hope the desktop trinity models become more readily available soon. The A10 seems to be a good performer, maybe overkill for a HTPC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Problem solved - if anyone has a similar problem - 100% CPU and PC freeze was caused by a plug-in (strange enough). Still have to find our which one - but after disabling all plug ins - CPU stays below 15% and stayes there. I will enable now one by one an see what is the root cause.
Problem solved - if anyone has a similar problem - 100% CPU and PC freeze was caused by a plug-in (strange enough). Still have to...
Hi, I have a strange problem which never occured in 8 years usage of Mediaportal... I haven't touched changed the configuration...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX DDR3 1800 AMD - FM1 Motherboards) and am looking for something else. The CPU that I had (AMD A8-3870K APU with AMD Radeon 6550 HD Graphics 3.0GHz Unlocked Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Processor - Retail -...
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX...
Hello everyone, I just toasted my MB (ASUS F1A75-M Pro -F1 Socket - A75 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - mATX AMD (Hudson D3) Micro ATX...
Replies
Views
They are glued to the board with double sided adhesive tape. Tape that is used to mount mirrors or similar with foam rubber between the two adhesive sides. No vibrations will make it to the board and the tape really is strong enough.
They are glued to the board with double sided adhesive tape. Tape that is used to mount mirrors or similar with foam rubber between...
Hi. I like to show you my HTPC project build in a drawer. As I wanted the HTPC to be as invisible as possible I build it into a...
Replies
Views
The free is free.
The free is free.
Hello guy's. i want make my own TVE Server. the goal is to make one system without screen / keyboard / mouse. and maybe can be...
Replies
Views
... before the Kabini boards arrive, MSI are saying they'll have a Mini-ITX board available with a 10w Intel Bay Trail CPU (Celeron J1800). I'd expect this to be the real competitor to Kabini, with a weaker GPU and stronger CPU, should be more than enough GPU for offloading 1080p though. Details...
... before the Kabini boards arrive, MSI are saying they'll have a Mini-ITX board available with a 10w Intel Bay Trail CPU (Celeron...
Hi, I know there are numerous threads on the site, & the web about this. I can't locate specific information relative to my...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom