CPU temperature (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
What temperature would you say is too high for a CPU to run at? ive just rebuilt my htpc and put the main unit in a cupboard, and my CPU temperature now runs at 45 degrees (whereas it used to run at ~38 when in the living room).

would you say thats a bit high, or do you think it will happily run at that temperature long term?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    AMD designed for temp ranges upto 65c, Pentium is 70c, these are not the failsafe temperatures that is higher still.

Mine runs anywhere between 38-51 depending on use and time of year, room gets sun pretty much all day.

Other temps

Nothbridge chip 55c w (was 70 with original heatsink, changed to passive thermalright)
    Hdd's 36c
    GPU 58c

In a cupboard with limited airflow, I would consider the temperature not excessive.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Nice one, cheers for the quick reply.

The temperatures that youve indicated seem to be around the values im currently running:

CPU: 45
    GPU: 55
    HDD: 38

I have 1x120mm fan at the back of the case as an exhaust, 1 x 60mm fan on a scythe mini ninja heatsink (drawing towards the exhaust) and 1 x 60mm intake fan on the side panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom