CPU usage (1 Viewer)

skippy_nz

Portal Pro
February 23, 2006
Wellington, NZ
Poromenos said:
I'm having the same problem, I have an Acer Aspire (ATI 9200 gfx card) and MP's usage is at 90-100% when I open it (at the main menu) and I don't know what's wrong. I have an nVidia 4200 Ti on my desktop and it runs fine there.

I have installed all the latest versions, 0.1.3.0 (release and cvs) and 0.2 and I'm having the same problem. The CPU usage drops to normal if it keeps running for a bit, but in the first minutes it's very unusable. Any suggestions?

i got the same problem too - running ver 0.2 and latest cvs - cpu is up around the 100 % on the main screen

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    skippy_nz said:
    i got the same problem too - running ver 0.2 and latest cvs - cpu is up around the 100 % on the main screen
    This is very odd - how about you use the Support Template and post the relevant section of your MediaPortal.log file? That might give us a clue as to the problem......

Poromenos

Portal Member
    January 12, 2006
    The problem is due to the mouse, when the mouse is visible the CPU usage is as I mentioned, when it disappears (due to timeout, the standard MP function) all is well again.

skippy_nz

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    Wellington, NZ

skippy_nz

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    Wellington, NZ
    Poromenos said:
    The problem is due to the mouse, when the mouse is visible the CPU usage is as I mentioned, when it disappears (due to timeout, the standard MP function) all is well again.

i had a look at the option to display the mouse or not and it didnt seem to make a difference.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom