Crash from audio playback and power saving (1 Viewer)

CSMR

Portal Member
March 26, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1
MediaPortal Skin: Fidelity
Windows Version: Vista x86
Video Card: onboard AMD 780G
TV - HTPC Connection: hdmi

Told the computer from mediaportal to play some music.
15 minutes later, power saving turns the screen off.
Shortly after, about 1 minute, the audio goes into a loop, replaying 1 to 15 seconds of audio over and over again. Pressing an attached keyboard can turn the screen on again but the system is unresponsive. I think on one occasion there was a blue screen, otherwise the system has to be reset.

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi CSMR

Same/similar issue as -->here<-- probably. When the screen goes off it affects the HDMI connection state which in turn causes a problem for the music playback (which is dependent on the HDMI connection).

mm

CSMR

Portal Member
    March 26, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks, so windows-initiated screen offs cause problems with mediaportal? Can they be disabled while mediaportal is running?
    I am not using hdmi for audio, but clearly the screen off is causing problems.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again CSMR

Do you use the PC for other things? If not then perhaps you can disable the screensaver in Windows and use the MP one instead? Check the "screensaver" settings in the "GUI" section of MP configuration -->here<-- (make sure to be in advanced mode). A quick google search suggests that there are quite a few applications that are able to disable the screensaver when certain applications are running, but I didn't manage to find anything that prevented the monitor from turning off. Perhaps you will be more successful - I don't have a lot of time today.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom