Crash on exit @ XP Home limited users logins + midnight schedule not executed (1 Viewer)

ccason

Portal Member
August 8, 2005
Italy
TV-Server Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: XP Home SP3
CPU Type: P4
HDD: Maxtor 200GB + Maxtor 300 GB
Memory: DDR 1.5GB
Motherboard: ASUS P4PE
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9500 PRO
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.493.0.0
Sound Card: SB Live
Sound Card AC3: ??
Sound Card Driver: 5.12.2.252
1. TV Card: WinFast DTV1000 T
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.0.112.3218
2. TV Card: -
2. TV Card Type: -
2. TV Card Driver: -
3. TV Card: -
3. TV Card Type: -
3. TV Card Driver: -
4. TV Card: -
4. TV Card Type: -
4. TV Card Driver: -
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
h.264 Video Codec: -
Satelite/CableTV Provider: -
HTPC Case: OEM
Cooling: 1XHDDs 8cm fan + 1XOEM CPU fan + 1XOEM videp card fan + 1XInternal Power Supply fan + 1XExternal Power Supply fan
Power Supply: Antec 430W
Remote: MCE remote
TV: -
TV - HTPC Connection: -

Thank to MP SW, I have avoided to upgrade my PC and relevant OS. I have noticed big improvements (in particular the TV Server specific features, very useful also in single seat configs allowing scheduled recordings start-up without needs to run the MP client) in respect to the version 0.2.0.4 that I had previously installed.

The crash could occur since MP tries to write some files (in the user folder) that were previously generated/modified by another user (i.e. the administrator that installed MP and that run it for the first time). I have verified that this operation is inhibited by XP Home for the limited users account.
This can not be easily avoided, since the "permissions" tab is absent in the folder properties of XP Home.
As a workaround, MP should be insalled by the same user that will then use the program, after that he has temporarily become an administrator (then revert back to a limited user).

Midnight schedules could be not executed for this reason:
- having a TV program that starts at 00.00 in date 2009-01-27 and having set-up the start-up of the recording 5 minutes before that the TV program starts (my TV card is slow to initialise...), the result should be that the recording starts at 23.55 in date 2009-01-26 (NOT 23.55 in date 2009-01-27), i.e the day before that the program actually starts!!!
The correct recording start-up did not happen in the above reported example, the recording did not start at all (in the evening of 2009-01-27 it was still listed in the pending recording list), untill I manually deleted it.
I is possible that the "one day" recording advancement is not correctly managed in the TvService and/or in the SQL server.
Unfortunately, I need to record every week a TV program that start exactly monday night at 00.00... I will try to workaround this by setting-up 0 minutes as advancement time for recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom