Crash on startup (1 Viewer)

Joro2k

January 15, 2009
Home Country
Bulgaria Bulgaria
Hi!

I am new user of Media Portal, everything sounds great, but I have some problems.:oops:

Soon my HTPC will be ready, and I want to use it with MP, but now I can't make it run on my Acer 7520G laptop for tests and preparations.

I installed only Media portal, no TV server (ignoring the existence of Aver Media DVB-T tuner), the install went smooth, no problems. When I start the configuration shortcut instantly it crashes -

MediaPortal Configuration has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Still I can enter the the Normal or Advanced configuration mode if leave the Close program msg window opened.

Starting the MediaPortal itself leads to the same result (the first time the configuration window poped up, after that it dies on the loading plugins stage)

Please help me, soon I will face the need to install MP on my HTPC (Win XP SP3 based) and I want to be sure that everything will be fine.

Thanks in advance!:D

TV-Server Version: N/A
MediaPortal Version: 1.0
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: Vista Home Premium
CPU Type: Turion 64x2 @1.9
HDD: 160GB Hitachi
Memory: 2 GB SODIMM
Motherboard: Acer 7520G Laptop
Video Card: GF 8400M G / 256MB set in BIOS
Video Card Driver: 7.15.11.154

P.S. I can help translating the scripts in Bulgarian !

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there and welcome :)

One of the first errors in your log, indicates that you are not running as administrator on vista. Can you try to resolve by installing and running from an admin user? Repost logs with further issues.

Joro2k

January 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Bulgaria Bulgaria
    Thank you for the reply!

Same problem! :(

Uninstalled, reboot, installed as admin, run as admin, config module crashed...

On the second run (again as admin) it goes through ...DirectX,..., Texture manager, ... and after 3-4 second on loading plugins it exits to debug mode...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom