Crash to Desktop (1 Viewer)

TeMorituri

Portal Member
April 19, 2009
Hi I posted recently because my Mediaportal 1 setup was crashing when I played long music playlists but now the problem has become generalised and Mediaportal is crashing to desktop from music, mptv or moving pictures about 2 to 10 minutes after it starts.

I am unable to interpet the error logs and was wondering if someone could help please before I attempt a complete PC reinstall

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• DxDiag August 2021.txt
    94.8 KB
  • MediaPortalLogs_22_08_21__17_07.zip
    456.6 KB

TeMorituri

Portal Member
April 19, 2009
I tried to read the logs : investigation seemed to show the fanart database as having trouble...so I have deleted that database ......it has allowed me to watch mptv and some movies for 45 minutes without a crash......

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

have had a similar experience, although the playlist can go for several hours before crash. Happens sometimes in TuneIn plugin, when I play for several hours. When I reported before, I was told it was an "out of memory" error. Maybe a memory leak in the player ... dunno. Never resolved. Doesn't happen all the time. Just weird.
have had a similar experience, although the playlist can go for several hours before crash. Happens sometimes in TuneIn plugin...
Hi....I am running single seat MP1 with two Synology NAS providing my files/ databases . Recently I have found that trying to...
Replies
Views
Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention, apparently my music database had a problem. So I deleted (rename) and recreated the database, as I have a lot of tracks in my collection (+/- 90000 songs) I hate do do this because it's very longer but...
Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention...
Hello to all I have been using MP for many years and my system had become +/- unstable, it was time to refresh it. So I...
Replies
Views
That fixed it many thanks.
That fixed it many thanks.
I have nearly completed building a new desktop PC, hardware and software, everything was looking great till I tried to get MP2 2.3...
Replies
Views
Great work and release!! Contrats to all involved developers :):D I installed MP1 initially, but didn’t get along with it. Many things were not intuitive, too frumpy and the gui had hardcoded dependencies to plug-ins, some buttons didn’t work even without a note due to that. Same for player controls, why do I see always play and pause...
Great work and release!! Contrats to all involved developers :):D I installed MP1 initially, but didn’t get along with it. Many...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.4 MediaPortal 2.4 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
Replies
Views
Hi all, quick update. No crashes since undertaking the changes recommended by AJS. Thanks again for the assist.
Hi all, quick update. No crashes since undertaking the changes recommended by AJS. Thanks again for the assist.
Hi I have been using MP without any major issues for many years but my install has just started behaving badly. I was running MP1...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom