Crashing After TV Going On/Off (1 Viewer)

Andrew Rogerson

Portal Member
December 11, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This is on my brothers system.

He has a TV connected via HDMI and a soundbar which wirelessly connects to the TV automatically. He's told me that when they turn the TV on it crashes sometimes.

I've used MP for years and have had this issue before. I think I got around it by using optical instead of HDMI for audio. This is probably not an option for him.

corei3 6th Gen, Asus MB, all Intel onboard for graphics.

Included logs. Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Andrew

Thanks for the log files (y)

In case you're interested, crashes for any program - MediaPortal or otherwise - can be followed up by checking the Windows application event log.

The most recent crashes I see (24 and 28 December) in that log seem to be caused by a plugin which uses the Torshify library:
    [collapse]
    "28/12/2016 17:22:24";".NET Runtime";"(0)";"Error";"Application: MediaPortal.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
    at Torshify.Core.Native.Spotify.sp_playlistcontainer_add_ref(IntPtr)
    at Torshify.Core.Native.NativePlaylistContainer.Initialize()
    at Torshify.Core.Managers.PlaylistContainerManager.Get(Torshify.ISession, IntPtr)
    at Torshify.Core.Native.NativeSession.OnLoginComplete(Torshify.SessionEventArgs)
    at Torshify.Core.Native.NativeSessionCallbacks+<>c__DisplayClass5.<LoggedInCallback>b__4()
    at Torshify.Core.DelegateInvoker.Execute()
    at Torshify.Core.Native.NativeSession.EventThreadLoop()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

";"1026"
    "28/12/2016 17:22:24";"Application Error";"Application Crashing Events";"Error";"Faulting application name: MediaPortal.exe, version: 1.15.0.0, time stamp: 0x576f98ed Faulting module name: libspotify.DLL, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4fd8be1b Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x000e252a Faulting process id: 0x1298 Faulting application start time: 0x01d26106910e36e6 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\windows\libspotify.DLL Report Id: 017d3825-87d4-4b42-8b2d-08ba8371f8e2 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: ";"1000"[/collapse]

In your case I'm pretty sure that would be the Rockstar plugin. That would make sense because turning off the TV would change the available audio outputs (the soundbar would no longer be reachable/visible), and of course audio outputs are relevant for the Rockstar plugin. If the Rockstar plugin attempts to access/use the soundbar after it becomes unavailable, that may well cause a crash.

I'm not able to help you further with plugin problems. I'd suggest attempt to contact the relevant plugin developer (@seco ?) and report it to him or her.

Best regards of the season,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom