Crashing ... help figuring out what exactly (1 Viewer)

Danny Rego

Portal Member
April 17, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
I am a little lost on your last suggestion. I went into the three database settings, and basically disabled anything even remotely sounding like scanning, and the problem continues. I am at a loss here.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am a little lost on your last suggestion.
    To be clear...

For the videos section, untick the scan column for all the entries in the folder list on the scan tab:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Configuration/2_Videos/2_Video_Database#Scan

For music and pictures, just untick each entry in the folder list

I am at a loss here.
    The last thing I can suggest is to perform a manual scan (ie. "update database from selected shares") of each share/folder from within MP Configuration. I'd expect some kind of error to pop up, and hopefully that will lead you to the cause.

If the above doesn't help, I'm also at a loss. You must have changed something for this to start. That's why I suggested you think about the configuration changes you've made to share/folder lists.

Danny Rego

Portal Member
    April 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    After much troubleshooting, my problem has gone away after disa ling the movingpictures plugin. Now I need to figure out exactly what's tripping it up. I guess I will move all ov my movies away, then copy them back one by one until I start seeing issues again.

Grrr...

Danny Rego

Portal Member
    April 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    this problem happens as soon as I add a new movie to my NAS...that's the directory being monitored.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    this problem happens as soon as I add a new movie to my NAS...that's the directory being monitored.
    Code:
    Exception: System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
    Check out the path, it seems the pathis a symbol that is not permitted in Windovs.
    Code will call System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars, which in turn checks for the the following:

1. double quote (")

2. left angle bracket (<)

3. right angle bracket (>)

4. veritical bar (|)
    and for control characters less than 32 decimal (space).

So Make sure your path doesn't contain them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom