Crashing on scheduled recording... (1 Viewer)

mikeharris

Portal Member
August 6, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have been trying for a couple of days to get this working with no success...

I have the MP live TV freezing when a recording starts problem, but this is logs of scheduled program waking up from sleep. It crashes the MP every time.

I don't know whats going on so would be grateful if somebody could take a look at the logs I've attached.

1.3 alpha

Thanks
Mike

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You've got a whole bunch of TV Server errors in your logs.

First thing is checking/fixing your TV Server database connection:

1. Open the start menu.
    2. Type cmd then press enter.
    3. Type cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" (this should be the path to the TV Server install folder) then press enter.
    4. Type SetupTv.exe /configure-db and press enter. This should start TV Server configuration showing the database configuration window.
    5. Enter the correct parameters and then test whether the TV service will start.

Fill in the database logon info on the bottom of the window that opened.
    user ID: root
    password: MediaPortal (and not M3d!aP0rtal)
    After that hit the 'Test' and if all fields go green, hit 'Save'.

Then test again. If you still have problems, then please post new (clean) logs.

Last edited:

mikeharris

Portal Member
    August 6, 2012
    Home Country
    sa and M3d!aP0rtal are the correct login and passwd, and it passes the configure-db test above.

Here is a cleaner log - I cleared the logs before starting,

17:08 tuned to a channel (4HD) and when I came back the picture was frozen and MP was unresponsive..
    17:30 power button (MCE remote) to suspend, power button to wake still unresponsive so,
    17:33 kill MP and watchdog got logs.

Attached here.
    Mike

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So how did you setup your system? Could you fill in your system specs? and did you setup the tv database manually?

starting @ 17:14, your TsWriter (and TsReader also) log show Continuity errors, and those go on till 17:28 (probably when you hit the Power button on your remote to suspend the system).
    I also see a 'filter not found' error in the logs. Not quitte sure which filter it is, but it might be the Video Filter. What Video codec did you set for TV?
    There's clearly something wrong, and all the Continuity errors could cause a lot of stuttering, which (in the end) could result in a freeze of LiveTV.
    @mm1352000 might have some suggestions for you.

Last edited:

mikeharris

Portal Member
    August 6, 2012
    Home Country
    I've gone back to WMCenter for the moment. Just re-installed windows after a wipe and it works...

I may well revisit MP next week.

Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom