Create a Custom TV Show altogether!! (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ave,

I'm facing a unique situation -- I have a very popular but unofficial collection of "Beavis & Butt-head" TV Series. On the Internet it's known as the "King Turd" Collection, the guy who compiled the series. It's a collection of 18 DVD Discs (18 ISO Files) which contain every single Beavis & Butt-head episode, specials, ads, extra - everything ever done to do with Beavis & Butt-head before the 9th Season that just started airing on MTV.

Since I have 18 ISO files which are *not* compiled by Season, the MP-TV Series plugin cannot possibly identify this data.

All I want to do is have "Beavis & Butt-head" appear in my TV Shows, and clicking on it instead of Seasons or Episodes, I want the 18 ISO Discs listed which simply play when clicked upon. I can create Images, Posters & Banners for all 18 ISO's and I also have info text files for each disc which contains the list of Episodes/Specials/Contents of each disc which I would like to display (via XML or if necessary - on the Image Banners).

Is there any way to do this? I know this would be an extremely Manual process; I'm fine with messing with the Database or XML files ... but if this has been done before, I would love to get direction.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is covered in FAQ for both episodes that do not exist (if they actually aired on TV you should simply add them to TheTVdB website).

FAQ - mptvseries - Frequently Asked Questions. - MP-TVSeries: plug-in for organizing TV shows in MediaPortal - Google Project Hosting

It's also covered there how to add custom artwork if you read more.

This is helpful!! But I'm seeing one problem right off the bat.
The plugin is expecting Season And/Or Episode details, as described on the FAQ page ...

My Trip to Fiji - S01E01.avi
My Trip to Fiji - S01E02.avi

What I have is 18 ISO's ... the episodes within are in order but they are not segregated by Season; in other words - disc 1 will have episodes 1 ~ 11 and some specials, disc 2 will continue from episode 12 ~ 30 and some specials ... and so forth & so on. So my files will look like this:

BB Disc 1.iso
BB Disc 2.iso
BB Disc 3.iso

Disc 1 doesn't necessary have Season 1, it may have season 1 & 2. Disc 3 may have Season 2 & 3 & 4.

It's a little strange because the FAQ does say "such as personal movies recorded on video cameras etc," but it goes on to as you to "Create proper filenames with season and episode syntax" ... how can personal home movies have Season & Episodes? Unless they want us to just use that syntax in order to proceed further.

Not sure.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It's a little strange because the FAQ does say "such as personal movies recorded on video cameras etc," but it goes on to as you to "Create proper filenames with season and episode syntax" ... how can personal home movies have Season & Episodes? Unless they want us to just use that syntax in order to proceed further.

You can:

• rename filenames to get season+episode info in there
    • use the string replacement system to turn "BB Disc " into "BB S01E" and it will cover each disc auto
    • manually correct season/episode info inside the import wizard

The S/E info is only needed to properly import the stuff, once it is imported you can then manipulate it anyway you want. The FAQ simply points out the most obvious usage method. If it has to cover every possible method in detail, it would cover more pages then wikipedia holds.

A little trial & error goes a long way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom