Create "Album Artist" thumbnails (1 Viewer)

jthorsso

Portal Member
February 2, 2012
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi folks,

I'm trying to figure out how to generate thumbs based on the "Album Artist" ID3 tag, similar to the method used for "Artist" tags. The "Album Artist" view works fine, but the only thumbs I see are where the "Album Artist" and "Artist" tags are the same.

Examples:

Album Artist: Bach, J.S.
Artist: Yo-Yo Ma
No "Album Artist" thumb generated

Album Artist: Fleetwood Mac
Artist: Fleetwood Mac
Works OK

To me it also makes sense to have the "Album Artist" the way it would been sorted in a record store: "Jones, Norah", "Butterfield, Paul" etc.

Please advice!

- Janne

Last edited:

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    No answer to the Artist vs. Album Artist question, but there is a setting in MediaPortal Configuration in case you have stored artists with last name first.
    You will find the details here.
    I am not sure whether or not this affects the automatic scanning, but this would be logical. IAC, thumbs downloaded using the Info button are saved for future reference. See details here.

jthorsso

Portal Member
    February 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    rsbrux, thank you for your suggestions!

Regarding the "Album Artist" problem, maybe I should be a little more specific. In MediaPortal Configuration, you have the option to "create genre preview thumbs" and "create artist preview thumbs". As I understand it, the artist thumbs are base on the Artist ID3 tag. So the question is: is there a way to also create thumbs based on the Album Artist tag, in the same way? Or do I have to look for another solution? I don't want to maintain those thumbs manually :) Maybe I have to create a "Feature Request"

=Config_MusicDatabase.jpg

Last edited:

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The only automatic method I know is to select "create genre preview thumbs" and "create artist preview thumbs" in Configuration before scanning to the DB. Unfortunately, I don't like the results. The resulting thumbnails are a composite of up to 4 folder thumbnails from subfolders (default windows behaviour). I want a single picture, which is what the artist info scraper delivers. I too would like to have it automated, and would like to have a similar solution for genre thumbnails as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom