Create "Album Artist" thumbnails

Discussion in 'General Support' started by jthorsso, November 4, 2013.

1. jthorsso

jthorsso Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi folks,

I'm trying to figure out how to generate thumbs based on the "Album Artist" ID3 tag, similar to the method used for "Artist" tags. The "Album Artist" view works fine, but the only thumbs I see are where the "Album Artist" and "Artist" tags are the same.

Examples:

Album Artist: Bach, J.S.
    Artist: Yo-Yo Ma
    No "Album Artist" thumb generated

Album Artist: Fleetwood Mac
    Artist: Fleetwood Mac
    Works OK

To me it also makes sense to have the "Album Artist" the way it would been sorted in a record store: "Jones, Norah", "Butterfield, Paul" etc.

Please advice!

- Janne

Last edited: November 4, 2013
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. rsbrux
    • Team MediaPortal

rsbrux Documentation Group

Ratings:
    +91 / 1
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
    No answer to the Artist vs. Album Artist question, but there is a setting in MediaPortal Configuration in case you have stored artists with last name first.
    You will find the details here.
    I am not sure whether or not this affects the automatic scanning, but this would be logical. IAC, thumbs downloaded using the Info button are saved for future reference. See details here.

4. jthorsso

jthorsso Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    rsbrux, thank you for your suggestions!

Regarding the "Album Artist" problem, maybe I should be a little more specific. In MediaPortal Configuration, you have the option to "create genre preview thumbs" and "create artist preview thumbs". As I understand it, the artist thumbs are base on the Artist ID3 tag. So the question is: is there a way to also create thumbs based on the Album Artist tag, in the same way? Or do I have to look for another solution? I don't want to maintain those thumbs manually :) Maybe I have to create a "Feature Request"

[​IMG]

Last edited: November 14, 2013
  5. rsbrux
    • Team MediaPortal

rsbrux Documentation Group

Ratings:
    +91 / 1
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
    The only automatic method I know is to select "create genre preview thumbs" and "create artist preview thumbs" in Configuration before scanning to the DB. Unfortunately, I don't like the results. The resulting thumbnails are a composite of up to 4 folder thumbnails from subfolders (default windows behaviour). I want a single picture, which is what the artist info scraper delivers. I too would like to have it automated, and would like to have a similar solution for genre thumbnails as well

6. jthorsso

jthorsso Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, and it would also be consistent with the "Album Artist" view in MP

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!