Creating "Box Sets". (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Don't hold your breath for the box set feature, it's been 4+ years in the pipeline. If your desperate for boxsets take a look at @Dadeo 's my films plugin. Not sure but it might support box sets.

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @RoChess:
    Thanks again! It's not the true box set feature I was looking for but it works for now; definitely better then what I had. I'll keep an eye out on the official feature in the link you posted.

@Kiwi:
    That's true, it does look like it's been in the pipeline for a while. I've actually tried My Films and it does have the box set feature in looking for, but personally I like moving pictures better, including its scraping and other setup features, so I'll have to stick with moving pictures for now.

Thanks.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Don't hold your breath for the box set feature, it's been 4+ years in the pipeline. If your desperate for boxsets take a look at @Dadeo 's my films plugin. Not sure but it might support box sets.
    Seems like Box Sets will be the reason for me to switch from moving pictures to myfilms.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Collections just got added to Moving-Pictures, which is a dynamic category system based on the new tag 'collections'. It is supported by TMDb and IMDb+ scraper-scripts, where the latter also creates additional bonus collections such as "Superheroes" and "IMDb Top 250".

You need to build MovPic from SVN, wait for new official release, or grab the test build I put up at IMDb+ downloads section so that certain IMDb+ users could help me test the new features (works also if you use TMDb).

It is not a fully integrated solution inside "All Movies" so you can see collections mixed in with your regular movies, but it is a good first step towards that goal.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @RoChess

Thanks for your efforts!

It is not a fully integrated solution inside "All Movies" so you can see collections mixed in with your regular movies, but it is a good first step towards that goal.
    Sadly the fully integrated solution is what I need. :(

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I actually find the current solution pretty close to ideal, just having the movies grouped together within the standard list is all good.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Now that @armandp has rejoined the developing efforts, we could see full integration sooner then later.

The database will have this 'collections' info, so this `could` be used to exclude movie titles from showing in the main list as-is by adjusting the SQL query accordingly, and insert them under their collection name instead. Then it will show like a single "Die Hard Trilogy »" entry with the "»" indicating it is a "collection" entry (or whatever is decided on). Now I do not know if the MediaPortal skin supports like a collapse/expand method for items inside a list, or if you have to 'enter' to show the submenu, but either way would work imho.

And just like group headers is an advanced option to turn on/off, I would think that the implementation of this will be adjustable as well. I personally already like the way the system is.

Now we just gotta wait for the next Dutch holiday, so that @armandp has the time :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom