Creating New AMC Database XML (1 Viewer)

Buerm009

March 11, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

I want to set up MyFilms and begin using it. Currently I do not have a database (XML) of my videos. The configuration of myFilms requires a path to an XML database. How do I create this database? I am trying to use AMC right now and it seems that you cannot include subfolders when importing media. This is ridiculous as I have Television shows perfectly organized in Season Folders.

How do I create an AMC XML database of all my videos?

(not to be rude but please do not tell me to read the wiki or search the forums, I have read hours upon hours of posts and wiki pages...No one has a simple step by step of how to do this; and yes, I have also gone to Ant's forums as well.)

I guess my ultimate goal is to assign cover art to everything I have manually. Im sick of the wrong images being chosen and always having to screw around. I just want to have a folder with all my cover art that I find manually, and then assign those photos accordingly. If I can do this without MyFilms, please let me know if there is a way to do this.

Thanks everyone in advance for your help!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    As you obviously know MyFilms is designed for existing movie catalogs because the Moving Pictures and MP Videos plugins already support creating a new catalog very nicely. However, many users like you want to use MyFilms to create a new catalog from scratch. so we have provided that option in v5.2. The 'workaround' in 5.1 is to copy and rename the MediaPortal\thumbs\MyFilms\Catalog\SampleMovies.xml, which is installed with MyFilms, to whatever DB name/location you wish, then select that as your Catalog file (XML) in Setup > General Tab.

As for 'selecting' the cover images you want, you can do that easily in Ant Movie Catalog itself - even just drag the image you want to the picture box. My Films just displays whatever picture you have chosen. In v5.1 there is an option to Change Cover (Details Window Context Menu) - it should display whatever covers you have in the folder you defined in Setup > Artwork tab > Cover Images path - but the filenames must start with the Movie title e.g. War Horse....jpg

In MF v5.2 there is a new Cover Manager feature which allows you to download covers from wherever you want, and select the cover image you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom