Creation of a comprehensive Media Portal manual (1 Viewer)

Do you think having a "comprehensive" manual for MP would be good?

• No, it's not really needed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JRNeher

Portal Member
August 29, 2005
Since using Media Portal a little while ago, I have often wondered what certain features do and how best to use them. I have been wanting to contribute to the MP community and since I cannot think of any good plugin ideas that are not already in development (and my C# programming is not the best) I thought about creating a comprehensive manual that users could use to get MP setup to their liking. I understand that this could be a huge undertaking, but I also think that it is necessary for new users and existing users alike to be able to have something to reference. Obviously, I have not been able to use every aspect of MP and would need other members efforts in completing those sections, as well as double-checking my information to make sure that it is correct. I think that this could really benefit the MP community and help new MP user figure everything out. My idea for a "comprehensive" manual would include the basic setup information as well as every other aspect of MP, including plugins, configurations, tips/tricks, etc. I realize that most if not all of this information is available on this forum, but atleast for me it took a while to realize the forums were here and I went through some frustrations trying to get things working before finding the forums. I want to get other people's input on this and see if anyone else thought that it is as necessary and worthwhile as I do. ANY feedback, comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am interested to hear what others have to say about this. Thanks!

Jake

Elconejo

Portal Pro
May 9, 2005
Belgium
not needed

MP is stillin Beta fase zo i would find it only usefull to get a good manual once the Beta fase is passed.
There 're to many changes now to get an good manual,
it will need constant updating...

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I agree with elconejo.

But you can still edit the Documentation's WiKi or at least make additions to the weakest parts.

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    personally i think that a manual isnt so helpful at the moment as already said MP is changing so fast that until its in a stable release state then the amount of time and dedication required would be great.

the best thing to do is edit the WIKI and get that up to standard, the better it is the more people will use it..... the more peple use it and add to it the better it will be :)

just my penny's worth....

Steve

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    5teve said:
    personally i think that a manual isnt so helpful at the moment as already said MP is changing so fast that until its in a stable release state then the amount of time and dedication required would be great.

the best thing to do is edit the WIKI and get that up to standard, the better it is the more people will use it..... the more peple use it and add to it the better it will be :)

just my penny's worth....

Steve

I agree with Steve!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom