.CUE file to seperate audio tracks FLAC,APE - Issue (1 Viewer)

PeterMac

June 12, 2010
Is little issue in MediaPortal with .CUE files to audio files like FLAC, APE.

I have audio album FLAC tracks + CUE file to them, and I have double same tracks in MediaPortal.
For example in foobar2000 or XBMC is no problem this programs see only flac tracks.

As you can see here:

one is read from file flac, and second from .cue file :) thats is wrong, should only see .flac file if in .cue file is same extension for this track.

Please fix this. I tried latest RC4 1.1.0 and still this problem, oh and I see you remove by default .CUE support - Why ?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Where did you see, that we remove .cue support?

So you have e.g. 10 different Flac files and also a CUE file with those 10 files specified there?
    Why would you do that?

Normally you have 1 big FLAC file and a CUE describing the content.
    This is what it is meant for.

In you case, you could remove the cue file and everything is ok, since we get the tags out of the flac.

PeterMac

June 12, 2010
    yes I know that in most albums is 1 big FLAC image file + CUE which control this 1 big file, but are some albums relaleses that contains for example seperate FLAC tracks and also CUE for that, and in foobar2000 or XBMC that CUE is don't see if tracks are in flac and cue also have entries with .flac extension for tracks, so should be some reading priority in this players.

I think this cue is useful for recording this tracks to CD-Audio, correct break/interval for tracks etc. like on orginal CD-Audio 1:1, so I don't delete it.
    So would be nice if you look on that small issue.

In latest RC4 1.1.0.0 .cue are not set in Music extensions, I have to add it manualy.

I can upload one track and cue to this and you can see in foobar2000 or XBMC :)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Well it is not such a small issue.
    That means that for every file i scan in a folder, i need to look if there is a corresponding entry in an existing cue file.
    Which means too much changes into existing logic, which i can't do in a Release candidate.
    The risk of breaking something is simply too high.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Why don't you either remove cue or flac extension so you only pick up one file?

Also are you using the database or shares view?

PeterMac

June 12, 2010

cue is useful for recording this tracks to CD-Audio, correct break/interval for tracks etc. like on orginal CD-Audio 1:1, so I don't delete it.

tested on foobar2000, XBMC, iMedian HD and there is no problem.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

cue is useful for recording this tracks to CD-Audio, correct break/interval for tracks etc. like on orginal CD-Audio 1:1, so I don't delete it.

tested on foobar2000, XBMC, iMedian HD and there is no problem.

yes but if you remove CUE as a valid extension in MP then the CUE files will still exist just not in the database so you will only see one file

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom