Cue Files, Pure Audio & ac3/dts (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Basically I currently use PureAudio plugin for music and everything is good :)

I do however have some ac3 and DTS files which I want to add to my collection but they are not tagged (in the past I have manually added these to the database)

I have seen a solution of creating CUE files but PureAudio does not support these (I have not checked but forums would seem to suggest that)

So I am thinking that if I add CUE file as a supported extention in MP music but not in PureAudio files will get into database but not be played back via PureAudio?? (not a problem as they are going straight out via SPDIF anyway).

If this is the case I take it I need to set the internal player to directshow and use AC3File to play the files as BASS implementation in MP won't handle outputting ac3/dts via SPDIF?

Failing that is there a better way of handling ac3 and dts files? (mainly physically adding them to the database)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    There might be a workaround for that.
    i was playing around with the code last week.

you need to have single ac3 and dts files. With single i mean, one file per song and not one large ac3 file, which you address via cue.
    You will be able to create a cue file specifying the single file for every title of the album.

When importing the files, the Cue will be processed and an entry is created in the database.
    And this could then be played back via PureAudio as well. I guess so. need to try it first.

The above can be done with a small patch to Tagreader, which you can get from me. The only drawback currently is, that i don't get the duration of the song.
    I would need to use MediaInfo for that, since Tagreader doesn't support ac3 / dts.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    you need to have single ac3 and dts files. With single i mean, one file per song and not one large ac3 file, which you address via cue.
    You will be able to create a cue file specifying the single file for every title of the album.
    This is how I have it setup now. I did have this working previously (1.0 I think) by manually adding the ac3/dts files into the database and using directshow player and AC3File. I am guessing that no matter what I need to use this setup and not BASS anyway?

When importing the files, the Cue will be processed and an entry is created in the database.
    Would this be a single entry for the Cue file or one row per song? If only one row would creating an individual Cue file for each ac3/dts file work?

This I guess is the bit I am a little confused with. Do I need to have ac3/dts listed as an music extention anywhere or just Cue?

The above can be done with a small patch to Tagreader, which you can get from me. The only drawback currently is, that i don't get the duration of the song.
    I would need to use MediaInfo for that, since Tagreader doesn't support ac3 / dts.
    What is the patch for? I thought Cue support was working now?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You would need both ac3 and cue amongst the list of supported extensions.

currently the Cue file support only works for cue files having ONE global FILE statement included.
    With the patch you can have for every single entry, i.e. every song, a FILE statement.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    You would need both ac3 and cue amongst the list of supported extensions.

currently the Cue file support only works for cue files having ONE global FILE statement included.
    With the patch you can have for every single entry, i.e. every song, a FILE statement.
    So without the patch I could still create a single Cue file for each ac3/dts file?

In this case I take it that the details of the Cue file are what is added to the database and when played the contents are read and the actual file played?

With the patch do you get one entry per FILE statement in the Cue file stored in the database? Just thinking about the front end and whether you would see one entry for the album or one per song??

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Forget. won't help you.
    i just checked with PureAudio enabled and you NEED the cue file support which is available within native BASS.
    Won't work with PureAudio, since cue file support has not been implemented there.

Sorry for wasting your time

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Sorry for wasting your time
    are you sure you have?

Got me thinking and surely if I add cue / ac3 and dts as valid extensions in the music section but not in PureAudio then these files will play using the inbuilt player?

I have been playing around no but no matter what I do I can't get CUE files to import anything into the database :(
    It would appear they work in shares view but not in database mode. I created a cue files like

Code:
    TITLE "Razor" 
    PERFORMER "Foo Fighters"
    FILE "01. Razor.ac3" WAVE
    TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Razor"
    PERFORMER "Foo Fighters"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

(appears MP3, BINARY, AIFF and MOTOROLA are valid file types but does not seem to make a difference)

Am I missing something here or should this at least add an entry to the database?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ah, i thought it is mandatory for you using PureAudio.
    If you use the default Bass Player for ac3, then it is fine.

Your Cue file would need to like this:

Code:
    PERFORMER "Foo Fighters"
    TITLE "The Colour and the Shape"
      TRACK 01 AUDIO
        FILE "01 - Doll.ac3" WAVE
        TITLE "Doll"
        PERFORMER "Foo Fighters"
      TRACK 02 AUDIO
        FILE "02 - Monkey Wrench.ac3" WAVE
        TITLE "Monkey Wrench"
        PERFORMER "Foo Fighters"
      TRACK 03 AUDIO
        FILE "03 - Hey Johnny Park.ac3" WAVE
        TITLE "Hey, Johnny Park!"
        PERFORMER "Foo Fighters"

The First Performer would be the AlbumArtist, and the first TITLE is the name of the Album.
    And then per Track you have 1 FILE statement.

I mentioned the cue file patch before. This is needed for the FILE statement per track to be recognized.
    Currently i'm only looking for 1 global File statement, which needs to appear before the first TRACK.
    So we have 1 single file for the complete CUE and the INDEX is used to position within the CUE File for every TRACK.

Now, in our case we have 1 FILE per TRACK. And the INDEX always starts at 00:00:00.
    And you need the patch for that, otherwise the first TRACK would have "null" as a file and the processing fails.

One problem exists tough. I use the INDEX statement for calculation of the duration of each track.
    Now, because of every INDEX being 00:00:00 this results in every TRACK having a duration of 0 in the database.
    When you play the song, it shows howevery the correct lengthz, because then BASS will calculate the length within the stream.
    I need to look into using MediaInfo, when processing such a queue file. Need to figure out first how complicated that would be.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    OK had a quick play last night and patched core.dll seemed to be doing the business :D

Just a pitty CUE files don't have GENRE in.....

:D

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Don't they?
    i think there's a trick to do it, but don't have my dev pc with me on the business trip.

i think you can put some sort of remark on te beginning of the file and we will recognize it.
    But i need to verify that in the code once i'm home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom