"current rotation" (1 Viewer)

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
Hi guys. Music has been one of the underused sections of MP for me - I typically use a squezzebox implementation controlled via my tablet which gives me all the control I have needed. But one function I would like to use MP music for is for my "Current Rotation" of albums. Usually, these are recently added albums, and I have been using a customised db view for that. However, I would also like the ability to add older albums that I have neglected to this "Current Rotation" view.

There are a couple of ways that I can see for doing this initially;
1. Use the Favourites feature. This has the draw-back of not allowing me to flag favourites that are not in my Current Rotation but which I may want to call-up at various occasions, say for the purposes of a party, etc.
2. Use a dedicated "Current Rotation" playlist. This should work fine, unless I forget to save the playlist, but would require me to delete albums one-track-at-a-time when wanting to drop them off current rotation.

Just wondering if anyone's given this more thought than me and may have a better alternative or possible pitfalls?

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    OK, so decided to try using Favourites. However, hit my first snag early - how do you REMOVE a song from favourites?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom