Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (9 Viewers)

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    Hi all,

Been a loooooong while since I visited here.........so here's some stupid questions:-

I'm running:
    MP 1.2.1
    Setup-MediaPortal-svn-1.2.1.28264
    Setup-TvEngine-svn-1.2.1.28264

So, can I update to DJBlu's latest, i.e. 1.2.0.168. I ask because I'm not sure of the statement in post No.1 MEDIAPORTAL 1.2.2 Final is required for futher updates. I.E. I take it that I'm good to go and that any FUTURE releases will mean 1.2.2 is required.

I'm running the original Md@pi filter..........will I see any performance/reliability increase by going to Md@piPlus.

On my 1.2.1.28264 setup I update the TBS6981 driver and dropped in the TBSCIapi.dll but am unsure if I'm seeing any speed increase when changing channels........so is this mode required to be run DJBlu's latest.

I ask all this because I've ALWAYS had to open an SD fta channel BEFORE opening anything else first thing in the morning otherwise MP can crash......and I was hoping it would all be more reliable now.

Thanks,

Ian.

Personally Ian, I would leave it as it is for the time being. I found the whole process of changing to be a complete nightmare for very little gain - and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one.

If you want to try out MDapi Plus, then go for it - it runs as a separate program with a UI, and for me it required zero setup - if you don't like it then you can just press uninstall and you are back to your original setup.

sorrowuk

Portal Pro
    July 3, 2010
    Right I've found out the reason for my continuity/discontinuity errors I think. In my case anyway.

It seems to be nothing to do with signal strength. It seems to be to do with my computer hardware/software and processing power.

I'm currently running WHS 2011 and it seems theres processes running in the background which is causing this.

So I need to find out what background stuff I can turn off and see if that helps.

It did used to work perfectly with WHS v1 so it must be something the OS is doing.

Anyone got any tips on how to check whats running and what I can turn off ?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

You can look at msconfig, task manager, process explorer, latency monitor ,etc...

J.

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Personally Ian, I would leave it as it is for the time being. I found the whole process of changing to be a complete nightmare for very little gain - and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one.

If you want to try out MDapi Plus, then go for it - it runs as a separate program with a UI, and for me it required zero setup - if you don't like it then you can just press uninstall and you are back to your original setup.

Hi,

Yes, I've upgraded several times and re-installed DJBlu's stuff several times also.......and I really can't be bothered again unless the changes make it all MUCH better. It's also not much help that various versions are scattered in different posts in the forum. I really can't be bothered with that.

I installed Md@pi_Plus tonight though and got it working. Had to use my original XML file though as PLUS installed a config for my Haupauge card also (which I only use for the remote control)......so easiest way was to simply drop in my own XML file.

So it's working......time will tell if I have a more reliable system.

Ian.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Ok, let me explain...

Icam made those files when people were anxious for a version of the plugin that would work with 1.2.2

The DJBlu made his version which would work with 1.2.2 and he added in the fast channel change code.

The 168 version on the front page will not work with MSSQL, only MYSQL - so he then released the 173 version.

Then he fixed a bug (no key found errors) and re-released a 173 version which is found several pages back.

Yes, fast channel change only works with 6981 and 6984.

Cheers..

173 is on Page 90 of this thread to be exact. I have a 6981 on order - does the fast channel change code make a huge difference?

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country

+1 mate, its a faff. Got my 1.2.2 working and its been pretty much bulletproof.

But I like suffering and have a 6981 on order - will try out the fast channel change code in 173.

Silly question - is all this being committed to the next trunk of MP (1.2.3?)

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Ok, let me explain...

Icam made those files when people were anxious for a version of the plugin that would work with 1.2.2

The DJBlu made his version which would work with 1.2.2 and he added in the fast channel change code.

The 168 version on the front page will not work with MSSQL, only MYSQL - so he then released the 173 version.

Then he fixed a bug (no key found errors) and re-released a 173 version which is found several pages back.

Cheers..

Mate - cant thank you enough - this is really helpful.

This was super confusing because of the numbering scheme used by DJ Blu - 1.2.0.168 / 173 suggests that the files are based on MP 1.2.0. Not to mention the ton of outdated files in the first post.

ICAM2 on the other hand had his files labelled as 1.2.2.xxxx

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Ok, let me explain...

Cheers..

Mate - cant thank you enough - this is really helpful.

This was super confusing because of the numbering scheme used by DJ Blu - 1.2.0.168 / 173 suggests that the files are based on MP 1.2.0. Not to mention the ton of outdated files in the first post.

ICAM2 on the other hand had his files labelled as 1.2.2.xxxx

Thanks for this also........but begs the question - why doesn't ICAM2 start a new thread, or let DJBlu grab his source and incorporate.....and why isn't post No.1 updated with any updates. I'm sorry to sound negative, but despite these two guys FANTASTIC work I reckon for new folks coming onto this thread it would be impossible/daunting.

I LOVE MP, but open source software..........sometimes you can't give it away....:)

Ian.

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    Thanks for this also........but begs the question - why doesn't ICAM2 start a new thread, or let DJBlu grab his source and incorporate.....and why isn't post No.1 updated with any updates. I'm sorry to sound negative, but despite these two guys FANTASTIC work I reckon for new folks coming onto this thread it would be impossible/daunting.

I LOVE MP, but open source software..........sometimes you can't give it away....:)

Ian.

+1

I don't know if they are busy working on a new version, or maybe something for MediaPortal 2.0, but the lack of comments and the fact that the different versions are spread though the thread, including the 'wrong files' on post #1 seems strange and confusing.

The work that DJBlu and others do is amazing, and without it I'd probably still be using my Sky box, but it would be great if someone with the knowledge created some kind of auto installer for this stuff. Afaik, from my work on games mods, there are free installer programs available which are not too complicated (though outside my knowledge unfortunately) It would be awesome to have a installer, which installed the latest MP with DJBlus custom data grabber, all the sky logos, maybe streamed MP skin and MDapi (though that bit maybe best avoided).

I think that any of us who have had all this working, know that it's worth persevering with because it's so awesome when it works, but I imagine that quite a lot of noobs give up.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Seconded. this custom data grabber is the single most important part of MP to me, right next to the TV series and moving pictures Plugins. its that good when its working. getting it working though may be challenging for newbies. m#@p¡ plus is simple enough to setup and as its not strictly supported by MP I'm happy to have that a separate install I carry out at my own risk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom