Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (6 Viewers)

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No it hasn't been fixed yet, think the other bug reports were higher on the priority list and DJBlu busy with RL :)

No workaround I don't think, unless you want to leave your system running 24/7.

Hopefully DJBlu gets a chance to fix it soon as its a lot easier for waf pts

jd58

Portal Member
    April 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Just insatlled latest version for the first time using TBS 6981 dual tuners linked to sky dish via two cables. Worked great before installing the Sky epg grabber as i lost the Portal tV service - just freeezes and only thing to do is use task master to close it down. One mistake is I scanned before grabbed using the sky epg grabber. Would this cause the freeze?? Is it worth revo uninsatall and start again or is there a fix for this? Looks a great product - looking to avoid buying a new PVR STB reciever by using my PC server to watch PPV TV.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Just insatlled latest version for the first time using TBS 6981 dual tuners linked to sky dish via two cables. Worked great before installing the Sky epg grabber as i lost the Portal tV service - just freeezes and only thing to do is use task master to close it down. One mistake is I scanned before grabbed using the sky epg grabber. Would this cause the freeze?? Is it worth revo uninsatall and start again or is there a fix for this? Looks a great product - looking to avoid buying a new PVR STB reciever by using my PC server to watch PPV TV.
    rather than full revo unistall, just reinstall your tv service - and drop the mysql tv database. are you using icam2's files?

jd58

Portal Member
    April 2, 2012
    Home Country
    rather than full revo unistall, just reinstall your tv service - and drop the mysql tv database. are you using icam2's files?

Thanks will do.

Yes i installed the two icam2's files also following the install instructions on page 111. (except for the scan i did and should not have done - line 7) also I can only get FTA at the moment as no card yet. Therefore are the two Icam2 files needed to be installed also?

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I thought DJBlu's files superceded ICam2's files??

J.

They did.. The whole thread became confusing unless you have been following it all the way through.

The first post needs updating, but DJBlu needs to do that.

FWIW, the instructions on page 1 are still the ones to follow. They work just fine. You just have to look through this thread (backwards!) for the 173 files and use those instead of the ones on the first page.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    DJBlu it may be worth starting a new thread for your plugin (maybe in Area 51?)

This thread has become a little confusing (especially to newcomers to your plugin), and I'm as much to blame, going off at a tangent at times :-p

jd58

Portal Member
    April 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi I agree also New thread too please. It is confusing and too long to follow for newbies. Ad there is a new version should have a new thread and if anything old is still relevant link it to this thread?

jd58

Portal Member
    April 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I thought DJBlu's files superceded ICam2's files??

J.

No the pluggins come after according to the post on page 111? Also cannot get rid of MYSQL as when I try to open TV Sercive after a new install I get the MYSQL option opening to test? Revo uninstalled MYSQL it but still appears to be somewhere on my PC???

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    To repeat (and hopefully clear any confusion):

DJBlu released his files (they had an issue)
    ICam2 fixed that issue
    DJBlu then released version 173

So the latest/current versions (173) are found here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/setup-tvengine-git-1-2-0-173-zip.98784/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/setup-mediaportal-git-1-2-0-173-zip.98819/

The process is as of the first page instructions (steps below have been summarised!):
    Install 1.2.2 Final (and make sure its working)
    Install DJBlus SVN version (use the version posted above - version 173)
    Install the custom Grabber
    Install the Sky plugin

Off you go... :)

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom