Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (2 Viewers)

darkraid

Portal Member
December 20, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have tried the above but it doesn't seem to work. I am trying it one more time now so will report back in 15mins.[DOUBLEPOST=1376555866][/DOUBLEPOST]Still no channels in the guide but I can select a catorgory, restart MP client, go to the TV menu and the highest channel in that category will show and have EPG data. I can then watch that channel but I cannot change channels.

Sohail Juna

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I am running 1.4.0 - is there anything I can do to help get this grabber stable?

I tried installing it fresh with the modified installers, but I experienced the constant glitching and freezing.

Happy to do some beta testing if that helps.

S

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi,

I am running 1.4.0 - is there anything I can do to help get this grabber stable?

I tried installing it fresh with the modified installers, but I experienced the constant glitching and freezing.

Happy to do some beta testing if that helps.

S

Not had any issues for a while here (running 1.4.0)

onetoomany

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    UK
    I can see what is going wrong with my 1.4.0, in that every 15 mins, the grabber kicks off again.
    When it does, anything I'm recording gets messed up which creates freezes in my playback.
    I can't see what to do to fix it though!

My error log is full of:
    [2013-08-19 15:06:32,736] [Log ] [21 ] [ERROR] - Exception in Channel.Persist() with Message The property named displayName of class TvDatabase.Channel was null (not allowed here).

Attachments

• TVService.zip
      36.3 KB

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    I can see what is going wrong with my 1.4.0, in that every 15 mins, the grabber kicks off again.
    When it does, anything I'm recording gets messed up which creates freezes in my playback.
    I can't see what to do to fix it though!

My error log is full of:
    [2013-08-19 15:06:32,736] [Log ] [21 ] [ERROR] - Exception in Channel.Persist() with Message The property named displayName of class TvDatabase.Channel was null (not allowed here).

Fixed,

New file on first post.

Sky UK Grabber v1.4.0.2

Logo grabber has been re-added too.

Sohail Juna

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    If I want to test this, is the best plan to install MP from scratch? Or is it possible to simply install the SVN installers over the top of the 1.4.0 release?

I suppose for testing purposes it would make more sense to perform a clean install.

Is there anyway to configure MP Watchdog to capture and auto log everything - as when I tried this previously it would lock up but not "crash" and therefore not create log files?

Thanks

S

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...as when I tried this previously it would lock up but not "crash" and therefore not create log files?
    If MP or TV Server are locking up, just use task manager to kill the process. The watchdog will grab logs when MP dies.
    If the watchdog is locking up... well that is a different story.

Sohail Juna

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    ...as when I tried this previously it would lock up but not "crash" and therefore not create log files?
    If MP or TV Server are locking up, just use task manager to kill the process. The watchdog will grab logs when MP dies.
    If the watchdog is locking up... well that is a different story.

Cool I'll try that - but usually when it locks up it does not respond to any commands, even CRT+ALT+DEL so only option is to power off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom