Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

Mike180

December 30, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Been using DJBlu's plugin for a while now, and it's been amazing - makes MePo the easiest alternative platform to configure for sky. However, Just wondering, has anyone else got issues with stuttering after upgrading to 1.4 (or rather, doing a fresh install of 1.4, because you cant upgrade these SVN builds!) I have a TBS 6981 tuner, with the latest drivers... and so far this has happened on two setups i have upgraded, 1 with a server and clients, the other just an all in one. the server/client setup uses nvidia ION graphics, and the other uses a 3rd gen core i3 with IGU. both worked perfectly on 1.3...

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ah ok thanks. I'm using MsSQL at the moment, but it also appeared to have lots of entries in the error logs when I was using MySQL so I guess its a universal problem. If you need any testing done just ask.

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    Been using DJBlu's plugin for a while now, and it's been amazing - makes MePo the easiest alternative platform to configure for sky. However, Just wondering, has anyone else got issues with stuttering after upgrading to 1.4 (or rather, doing a fresh install of 1.4, because you cant upgrade these SVN builds!) I have a TBS 6981 tuner, with the latest drivers... and so far this has happened on two setups i have upgraded, 1 with a server and clients, the other just an all in one. the server/client setup uses nvidia ION graphics, and the other uses a 3rd gen core i3 with IGU. both worked perfectly on 1.3...

I use the same tuner but with an ATI HD6450. I've had the stutter problem occasionally and it seems to have been when recording two channels at once or updating the EPG. A few times I've restarted the PC and that got rid of the problem. It hasn't been a persistent problem so I've not bothered to look into it further.

Mike180

December 30, 2012
    Home Country
    I use the same tuner but with an ATI HD6450. I've had the stutter problem occasionally and it seems to have been when recording two channels at once or updating the EPG. A few times I've restarted the PC and that got rid of the problem. It hasn't been a persistent problem so I've not bothered to look into it further.

Thanks for your feedback. I have changed the epg scan to only happen at night, but unfortunately my TBS tuners (i have 2 of them) in my main HTPC serve all the TVs in the house through a client/server setup... this means theres often 2 or 3 channels in use! I've also never noticed this issue until the latest 1.4 version.

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country

Yep, me too. I now get constant glitching / very quick loos of audio. Never had an issue in 1.3.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I changed the EPG grabbing to do it "out of hours" so that it didn't interfere with other activities. I believe DJBlu was looking into this issue.

J.

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    Have you guys noticed it on BBC1 more than other channels? There is a thread on AVforums about BBC stutter problems and although I've not being keeping any kind of record, from memory I can only remember it happening on BBC1? Like I mentioned it has been very occasional so I can't be sure.

IanJ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Yep, me too. I now get constant glitching / very quick loos of audio. Never had an issue in 1.3.

1.4 is as stable as 1.3 with me........no new issues anyways.
    Can confirm though that every now and then I have to reset 1.4 (as I have had to do with all previous versions) when sometimes I get serious stuttering and freezing when trying to record one channel and watch another at same time. A restart fixes it every time. Happens once every few weeks.
    Usually I can record 3 and watch a 4th easily as I have 3 LNB feeds total using TBS6981 & TBS8922, Intel i7, ATI Radeon 5570.

I have a button on my remote configured to run a DOS CMD session to end task MP, restart TV server then start it again.

Nothing to do with DJBlu's code I reckon..........just one of MP's long term issues. I soooooo wish MP was more reliable!

Ian.

Last edited:

T.J

Portal Member
    August 2, 2013
    Home Country
    Been using this "version" for a few days and its a far easier way of dealing with things - many thanks to DJ for taking the time to make it.

I think i may have come across a bug of sorts with the key mapping though... I'd imported my key-binds / remote config from 1.4 release and pressing play on the remote changed the aspect ratio instead - the remote is configured to send key presses (P in this case), thinking it might be the remote i pressed P on the keyboard and it did the same.

I use the "Keyboard Input Plugin" and got round it by setting the remote to send "ctrl + alt + p" / adding the same to the plugin but thought i'd mention it here just in case its affecting others.

Last edited:

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country

1.4 is as stable as 1.3 with me........no new issues anyways.
    Can confirm though that every now and then I have to reset 1.4 (as I have had to do with all previous versions) when sometimes I get serious stuttering and freezing when trying to record one channel and watch another at same time. A restart fixes it every time. Happens once every few weeks.
    Usually I can record 3 and watch a 4th easily as I have 3 LNB feeds total using TBS6981 & TBS8922, Intel i7, ATI Radeon 5570.

I have a button on my remote configured to run a DOS CMD session to end task MP, restart TV server then start it again.

Nothing to do with DJBlu's code I reckon..........just one of MP's long term issues. I soooooo wish MP was more reliable!

Ian.

Hi, I actually turn off MP nightly, so it gets a complete reboot every day.
    I think i'll try a complete rebuild over the next few days, although I thougt others were reporting audio stuttering and tv server crash?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom