Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (2 Viewers)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Doesn't really. Can you upload all the log files.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok complete logs attached. Again, not sure if it says much as it seems to replicate the same error message.

When I run the grabber however, it seems to happen around the adding new channels as it doesn't crash if that option is ticked and it is just updating the EPG or adding channel numbers.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

In VS, are you attaching to the running process and debugging it that way to see where it fails?

J.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Jay,

I did think about that, but I wasn't sure how that would work with this running as a plugin...

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

That is the only way to debug.

The plugin is just a DLL at the end of the day.

Basically load VS and your plugin solution. Put the compiled DLL/plugin into the plugin directory. Start TVServer. From within VS attach to the running TVService process.

Then you can wait for the error to occur. You can also put watchers or break points in VS.

J.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Jay,

Thanks. Firstly do I need to compile as debug or release to make this work, secondly is it setuptv or tvservice? I've tried both but VS does nothing when attached.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

You don't need to compile as debug... that is only used for symbol files/etc. You should get away with release.

How/what are you using to trigger the error? Is it when you are in Setup? Or when the MePo client is running? At the end of the day it will be TVService that is running the plugin, so you should attach to that process.

To prove your code is running, try putting a break point in it through VS.

J.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The error occurs part of the way through the grabit() function, I'm guessing it is around the updateaddnewchannels() sub as when you deselect add new channels from the tick box it doesn't produce the error (and it doesn't add new channels).

I've attached VS to the TVService with the dll loaded but even with breakpoints it won't stop the execution... I have to manually pause it and step through, but its a bit hit and miss whether you catch it in time.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I will try and have a look later, but I don't have a test environment setup at the mo, so that will take a bit of time.

No promises, but I'll see what I can do.

J.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Any help would be great, even with looking at the source I posted. I'm now running a new version of the code which doesn't bring up the error box now, it simply states it in the output window of the plugin BUT this time it doesn't even add any new channels. I've screwed up somewhere and I really don't know where :-( As this is my Win7 test vm with its own tuner I can play but its annoying that I cannot fix it, especially since Vs2012 can compile ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom