Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (3 Viewers)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Benoire What about joining the dev team and putting that stuff on a branch in our git repository? Is the whole code on github already or are you still relying on binaries?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi @Stéphane Lenclud

That is a decision that I cannot make :) I was asked if I wanted to become a super user so I would expect the same for developer!

Currently, the code for all the versions since 1.3 are on Github under the main team repo and so unless major changes occur to TSWriter in particular it is unlikely not to compile easily with minimal changes. I have my own version of 1.7.1 on my personal github repo which is where the next lot will be stored unless someone else can upload them to the main repo.

The plugin code exists in two places at present, a very early version here on this forum and a more up to date (but not working currently) version on my virtual machine which I will soon upload to github for working purposes.

Chris

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Evening all.

So, I might have got the UK plugin written correctly. I've tried it here in NZ by only changing the OpenTV frequency data but it scanned all the channels here, added them to the database and updated the EPG. It also added the NZ channel numbers which I had been struggling with!

Would some one be able to test the attached .dll and activate the various features one by one and tell me what works and what doesn't? This is fully setup for the UK and bar the tick box for throttling (its enabled by default at present) and the logo grab it should 'almost' be the same as the 1.4.0.6 dll DJBlu has posted.

Please bear in mind that this is his code and all I have done is get the source up to scratch as the only source he had after the HDD crash was a lot older.

Thanks @DJBlu for writing this in VB.net as I would have struggled with C#!

Chris

Attachments

• Sky UK 1.4.0.6 rebuild.zip
      66 KB
    • Sky UK Channel and EPG Grabber plugin.zip
      56.8 KB

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Many thanks Benoire! I'm moving house but I should have my setup back up and running Monday so will update and test your version then!!!

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    OK, all seems to be working fine, just done a full scan, screenshots below to show settings used for my setup.
    Two things to note.
    1. "Error Downloading Channel Icon" error message.
    2. When the channels are being updated it should display '(1/923 ) Channels updated', but the '/923)' keeps disappearing, see other screen grab, not sure if DJBlu's one did this.
    Great work, very jealous.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 20.24.11.png
      Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 20.24.11.png
      114.7 KB
    • Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 20.32.43.png
      Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 20.32.43.png
      158.3 KB
    • Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 20.37.48.png
      Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 20.37.48.png
      143.9 KB
    Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cheers @metropolis

So did it sort by channel number, add only those channels that you wanted, created and added to groups? How many times did you press 'Grab Now'? when I tried it with the NZ Frequencies it unfortunately added all the channels again after each new scan but I think that might be because I haven't changed of the internal figures to NZ ones.

The logos won't work as there are a number of bits of code commented out as I pulled the setup designer information from another source to make it work, same as 'throttle' which is why that is activated as a default.

@DJBlu IF you have the chance it would be good to see if you can have a cursory glance at the source as there are a number of areas which I had to use older code to get it to work but the original is there commented out. I'd be interested to know what I didn't do right with those bits.

Anyway, if this works as per the current official 1.4.0.6 version then I'll try to tidy my bits of code up, make the designer code labels a bit more obvious and then add the source code to this thread so others can add to it if needed.

Have a great day,

Chris

metropolis

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Orpington
    Home Country
    So did it sort by channel number, add only those channels that you wanted, created and added to groups? How many times did you press 'Grab Now'?
    Sorting worked correctly and I also seemed to get the correct amount of channels, they were all added to the groups correctly and I only pressed 'Grab Now' once.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Perfect thank you! I'm updating the code to reflect what I need for New Zealand and then I'll come back and tidy it all up and make it nice and obvious what is doing what.

You can access the source code here: https://github.com/Benoire/Sky-EPG-Grabber-Plugin

My Github will hold the latest changes to the various plugins once I'm finished with them. Anyone is free to grab this and make it work for MHEG5 or other providers; EPGCollector, while in C#, has a good base of code to understand what can be done and where it would need to fit in.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom