Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

qvindesland

Portal Member
February 23, 2008
Not to sure if this is related but when I hit the Grab Now it throws a messsge "Error decoding summary index was outside the bounds of the array", it continues but I am just wondering if this an error?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    First thing is to disable the native EPG (Epg5.jpg), de-tick those options. Next question, what is does the output box say. The output box is the one with 'grab now' on the screen.

If this does something, post the output as a code list, otherwise go in to TVServer under project in the main config tree and see if the tuner is enabled there.[DOUBLEPOST=1416162236][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Not to sure if this is related but when I hit the Grab Now it throws a messsge "Error decoding summary index was outside the bounds of the array", it continues but I am just wondering if this an error?
    This is an error due to the way the plugin is coded. Effectively, the code currently uses fixed, identified length for decoding the titles/summaries and if the title or summary starts, ends or is longer than this length it spits out that error. Geenrally only occurs on box office channels or 1 in 1000 channel scans.

EPGcollector and TVE3.5 do it slightly differently and use tags in the code which are defined and leave the rest to be determined, something that I was working on in the NZ code but haven't finished.

Last edited:

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    I think those index outside the bounds of the array errors can be caused by something going a bit awry in the database. I was getting them consistenly on every EPG update, leaving big gaps in the EPG, corrupting channel names, moving channels into random groups and removing their channel LCNs. I couldn't fix it and had to dump my database in the end and recreate it. The errors went away.

In your case it may be that if any corruption has occured, it's occured because you're also using native MP to update your EPG. As @Benoire says, you really should disable that.

qvindesland

Portal Member
    February 23, 2008
    Hi All

Many thanks for your help.

I disabled the 2 settings and rerun the grab now it says successfully written to database every time but it's still not showing any EPG in media portal

Regards
    Per

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have you ticked the channels you want to show? Not trying to treat you like your dumb but I know I used to have to before my changes to the NZ plug in.

qvindesland

Portal Member
    February 23, 2008
    He he no worries I deal with support on a L3 level so I know what missing the obvious means, I don't think so but I will double check I may have been to quick on the trigger :)

Regards
    Per

qvindesland

Portal Member
    February 23, 2008
    So the good news is that I have EPG on BBC 3 and 4 but that's about it, I have looked if there is any difference between these and other channels and I can't find any difference.

Any ideas should the channels be selected in DVB EPG -> TV Epg Grabber -> Grab EPG for these Channels?

Regards
    Per

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom