Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (6 Viewers)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Did you find out the issue here porky? I have upgraded from 1.6 to 1.9 and am also having the issue where no plugins show the + anymore. The grabber still seems to be working but I can't see the settings page anymore

Hi Bob,

Still the same I'm afraid, as exactly as you describe. Not had much chance to look into it as I've been working away. I do need to do something, as I now have a lot of "No Data Available" showing in the EPG now and the WAF has plummeted :(:eek:

EDIT - All working OK now. I had the .dll's in the plugins folder for the Sky IT and Sky NZ grabbers in addition to the UK grabber. I removed the IT and NZ grabber .dll's and then had full access to the settings for the UK grabber, and it appeared in the setting 'tree' with the + sign next to it. Now working as it should.

Last edited:

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    OK, so I took the plunge a couple of days ago while the OH was away travelling on business, and did a fresh install of 1.9 with the Sky EPG plugin. I was using 1.4 before (upgraded from 1.3) and everything worked fine.

I'm pretty pleased with how it went overall, apart from two problems ...

1) I can't get the EPG to auto update at all either when set to "every 3 hours" or at my previous setting of 01:05 every day of the week, I have Powerscheduler set up to wake at 01:00 and it does so as evidenced by the log, but nothing happens, zilch, nada, nothing. Any ideas?

2) Probably nothing to do with the plugin, but now the Channel Up / Down keys on my MCE remote seem to get triggered twice and I end up skipping two channels rather than skipping to the next one. Only one command is being sent by the remote itself, but it's being acted upon twice by MePo.

Can anybody cast any light on problem 1) especially?

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    I've seen the first issue you mentioned on my system too although strangely it seems to be working at the moment. I've found at times that onlly the 'update every xx hours' scheduler actually works. I'm afraid I don't have time to look any deeper into it at the moment.

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I've seen the first issue you mentioned on my system too although strangely it seems to be working at the moment. I've found at times that onlly the 'update every xx hours' scheduler actually works. I'm afraid I don't have time to look any deeper into it at the moment.
    Thanks. I'd appreciate it if you could look into it some time as the WAF is declining rapidly.

It'd help my debugging if I could get some idea as to how exactly the plugin schedule times, and the powerscheduler "grab epg" schedule interact. Do I really need to do what I do and wake up the machine using the powerscheduler epg grab schedule, or can the plugin do it itself? Or am I doing it all wrong?

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Sorry - simply don't know - it's DJBlu's code, he's a far better programmer than me and all we're trying to do really is keep it chugging along while he's away.

My scheduler is definitely working at the moment - at around 5am each day it updates. My server is on all the time but that shouldn't matter. This is on a brand new server - I'm pretty sure that on my old server it didn't work at all - I had to use the every x hours option to get it working but I don't know what the difference was as yet. I'll try to work it out and get back.

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Interestingly, having just checked my logs and had a rummage through the database, despite having the scheduler set to run every day at 5am, it has not, in fact, run since Friday at 5am. I don't think this is the clock change. There's nothing in the logs for Saturday or Sunday morning, so it's not like it's run and not completed properly - it simply didn't run. It did run on weds, thurs and fri mornings, my logs run out before then.

So the first thing I need to look at - is there some reason why it doesn't run on a weekend? Be interested to hear from anyone else - search your tvservice*.log files for Sky Plugin.

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I've not seen a thing in my tvservice.log files for the plugin apart from when I run a manual scan. Mind you I have the log level set to Information, just because otherwise if I leave it on Debug it gets filled up with all manner of rubbish that makes it almost impossible to make out what's going on.

One thing I have noticed though, if I look in the settings in the database using MySQL Workbench, I see the following two entries which have me a bit puzzled ...

'304', 'SKYUKPLUG_UpdateTime', '24/10/2014 01:15:51'
    '315', 'SKYUKPLUG_LastUpdate', '25/10/2014 23:09:09'

Now, the last one is when I did a manual update late last night, but the first one has me puzzled. I have the update time in the schedule tab of the plugin set to 01:15:00, so what is this? Did it try and do something at 01:15:00 that took 51 seconds but failed somehow and updated this time, or does it mean something else? (BTW 24/10/1014 was when I last did a full install and ran the plugin for the first time, so I suspect this part of the field isn't used).

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    I think that's to be expected. If mySQL is anything like MSSQL there's no such thing as a time field. So if you want to store just a time in the database, you actually store it as a datetime, where the date part is arbitary. It needs to store seconds too so the seconds value probably just reflects the precise time when the value was stored in the database. The plugin will just pull the time value out of that field when it needs it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom