Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (6 Viewers)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Correct, no Freeview EPG at all. I just remembered that WebEPG works fine alongside Sky UK Grabber though, so I think I'll just use that for those two channels. It takes ages (like two minutes just for two channels) but it only needs to run once a day so that's fine.

I'm using webepg here for them, dvb grabber didn't seem to work. Had to edit the XML for the radiotimes as 4seven wasn't listed. Takes about 30seconds to grab 7 days of data for 5 channels.

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    So ... I'm all set up to merge here but have nothing to merge.

Does anyone have a link to the source code for the Mediaportal and TV service installers? I've had a good look through this thread and can't find them.

I've previously done branch merging in TFS but have no experience of doing it in GitHub. If the only option is to merge 1.7.1 including the patches, and 1.8.0, VS doesn't seem to have any tools outside of TFS that want to do it, so I'd have to do some reading up on Git.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So ... I'm all set up to merge here but have nothing to merge.

Does anyone have a link to the source code for the Mediaportal and TV service installers? I've had a good look through this thread and can't find them.

I've previously done branch merging in TFS but have no experience of doing it in GitHub. If the only option is to merge 1.7.1 including the patches, and 1.8.0, VS doesn't seem to have any tools outside of TFS that want to do it, so I'd have to do some reading up on Git.
    1.7.1 is on the main github, its under EXP_Custom_Data_Grabber_xxx have a look there.

My VM host is now stable again so I can go about getting my dev VM up and running as I want to get back to sorting these out. let me know how you get on as I can help.

I'll aslo come back to you re: the previous post about helping. Everything is stored on Github and I have some ideas for improvements which I would be interested in doing...

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Thanks Benoire. I've explored TortoiseGit and realised there's a merge in there.

I'm guessing, but thought the easiest way around would be to get 1.8.0 then merge 1.7.1 EXP Custom Data Grabber into it. The thing is, I'm a pessimist. And doing it that way seemed too easy - it was all over in a split second and TortoiseGit reported a success message. I haven't had chance to test the resulting builds yet - when I build I just get the entire Mediaportal installer - I don't know how to get separate TV Server and Mediaportal client installers.

I tried it the other way - grabbing 1.7.1 EXP Custom EPG grabber from Git and trying to merge 1.8.0 into it - that raised a whole load of queries - possible one for every file in the structure - I'm hoping that's not the right way around to do it!

Underneath all this ignorance about Git, version control and large scale projects I do have some reasonably good C# (in a VS2010 and VS2012 environment), and I'm sure the BBC BASIC V I programmed in circa 1989 is almost identical to Visual Basic as it is now (!) so I'll pick it up in a second I'm sure.

Any plugins in Modula-2 or Turbo Pascal?

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    @DragonQ

I've had Freeview EPG and Sky grabber for DVB-S working harmoniously in the past. I do remember there was a way I had it set up initially that stopped it working and I had to backtrack a little.

Do you have TV channel card mappings enabled?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I don't know how to get separate TV Server and Mediaportal client installers.
    Open exe as archive with 7zip or winrar. You'll see deploy folder there.
    Also I think you can build tv part only with script from "Build" subfolder.
    Good luck with Git. It's a nightmare.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Benoire. I've explored TortoiseGit and realised there's a merge in there.

I'm guessing, but thought the easiest way around would be to get 1.8.0 then merge 1.7.1 EXP Custom Data Grabber into it. The thing is, I'm a pessimist. And doing it that way seemed too easy - it was all over in a split second and TortoiseGit reported a success message. I haven't had chance to test the resulting builds yet - when I build I just get the entire Mediaportal installer - I don't know how to get separate TV Server and Mediaportal client installers.

I tried it the other way - grabbing 1.7.1 EXP Custom EPG grabber from Git and trying to merge 1.8.0 into it - that raised a whole load of queries - possible one for every file in the structure - I'm hoping that's not the right way around to do it!

Underneath all this ignorance about Git, version control and large scale projects I do have some reasonably good C# (in a VS2010 and VS2012 environment), and I'm sure the BBC BASIC V I programmed in circa 1989 is almost identical to Visual Basic as it is now (!) so I'll pick it up in a second I'm sure.

Any plugins in Modula-2 or Turbo Pascal?
    I personally use Altassian Source Tree as I prefer that interface to gits, much nicer to use and setup.

But yes, you simply get merge 1.7.1. in to 1.8 and resolve any differences (if any). I know that when I did 1.6 in to 1.7.1 there where no conflicts at all with the main code. I would suspect the same here.

To build the individual installers, simply run the build bat files in the directory itself... Personally I prefer the combined installer as this can be installed directly without going over the top of the native version as it pulls down LAV, titan etc. as required.

The main code is written in two languages. The alterations to MP are in C#, this includes the additions to TSWriter, the custom data grabber and alterations to the client code to allow for series grabbing from the quick record menu. The plugins are all currently VB.NET. I want to update them to C#, but my C# is lacking so you're more than welcome to update them!

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Benoire I don't know if this is related to your work or not but I have the epg set to update every hour and every hour live TV freezes for about 10 seconds so the only thing I can put my finger on is an epg update.

Thoughts?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    How many channels are you scanning? The UK one scans so many that DJBlu implemented throttling to reduce the stutter, this has been copied across to the version I was working on and appeared ok. The NZ one doesn't have this as there are only around 180 channels to be scanned, but I do need to add this to make it more compliant i suppose. If you're able to, can you post your logs for the tvserver and also record what time the stutter occures when you next can so we can try and correlate the time to the logs.

Chris

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Thanks Benoire I'll look into that tool. I was even on the verge of (and haven't yet fully ruled out) checking 1.8.0 into TFS, creating a branch then merging 1.7.1. back in.

I'm not entirely sure, but I might have something. I would have said that merge did nothing at all, except that it did throw a new error on build (some sql and mysql upgrade scripts got duplicated in the TVServer project). I've fixed them now and it's built.

I'd be amazed if it's worked but I'll give it a test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom