Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Interesting, so you're not using my amended plugin's eh? The actual code for 1.7.1 isn't any different to 1.6 and I know I haven't had any issues. You could try the version that Ears posted and see how you get on.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Interesting, so you're not using my amended plugin's eh? The actual code for 1.7.1 isn't any different to 1.6 and I know I haven't had any issues. You could try the version that Ears posted and see how you get on.
    I'm using your plugin from about page 291ish but the dll's from the first post. Should I be using something else?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So I want to clarify :)

Custom_data_grabber.dll from 1st page
    Sky UK DLL from the 1st page
    MediaPortal version 1.7.1 from around page 291?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok, weird! The only thing I did with the code was merge it, I've changed nothing that DJBlu had added to the codebase. The only things I have changed are in the actual plugins from when I had to rebuild them.

Can you try the 1.8 that ears has posted, it's working for me.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Ok, weird! The only thing I did with the code was merge it, I've changed nothing that DJBlu had added to the codebase. The only things I have changed are in the actual plugins from when I had to rebuild them.

Can you try the 1.8 that ears has posted, it's working for me.

1.8 is not an option for me yet as I am also trying to diagnose an issue with @Guzzi regarding MyFilm and 1.7.1 If I did upgrade, would it just be as simple as installing 1.8 over the top of your 1.7.1 or am I going to have to do a fresh install? Also, will I need to drop the database or will it just pick up from where 1.7.1 left off?

Thanks

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, I simply installed the two files (TVengine and mediaportal) over my current installs. took 20s and away I went, all the channels where still there. I had already updated to SQL 5.6 at the 1.7.1 install so had no issues updating MySQL with 1.8.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Yes, I simply installed the two files (TVengine and mediaportal) over my current installs. took 20s and away I went, all the channels where still there. I had already updated to SQL 5.6 at the 1.7.1 install so had no issues updating MySQL with 1.8.

Ok, I might give it a shot tonight once the tv is out of action and also clear the logs so its fresh and see what happens.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cool, it's a bit strange really! As you are using the sky uk dll from the front page, there is absolutely nothing that I have changed in play. Even the installer for 1.7.1 may be the one that Sebastii did for me!

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Yeah, I can't put my finger on it either but it seems to coincide with an epg update and on a machine of my spec it really shouldn't be happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom